10 Wireless Bras that Actually Offer Support
When it comes to being a woman, one of life’s greatest pleasures is slipping off your bra at the end of the day. There are days we are truly feeling ourselves rocking a push-up bra. But wearing a non-essential chest apparatus with constricting underwires (that could pop at any moment) is a slight discomfort that should be tolerated sparingly. Luckily, wireless bras have come a long way in quality, style, and support. And perhaps the best part? They’re affordable! Here are some of our favorite options if you’re ready to ditch the underwire.
1. True & Co. True Body V Neck Bra ($49): Tired of wires pushing into your sides and creating bumpy spots bulging under your favorite fitted white T-shirt? Never again! Our editor, Erin Browner, swears by this bra. She even wants to get a second one in the pretty cobalt color and sport it as a cropped tank top. By the way, this bra comes in a scoop neck too.
2. Hanes Women’s Convertible Wire Free Bra ($8+): Wowza, this bra is highly rated by over a thousand women on Amazon. With stretchy fabric that creates a flexible fit that’s true to you, this convertible bra doesn’t go by cup sizes but instead by easy-to-understand sizes like small, medium, and large. This bra is tag-free for additional comfort, and it can be worn with regular straps or in a crisscross fashion so you’ll have wardrobe flexibility.
3. Intimate Portal Pocketed Lace Bra ($35): This bra may be wire-free, but it’s lightly padded to give your girls that extra something-something. What we love about this lace bra is that it can also work as a stylish bralette that you can layer and wear under barely there tops with plunging necklines or backless styles. That’s a win-win scenario in our book.
4. Warner’s No Side Effects Wireless Bra ($17+): Warner’s created a bra that’s not only wireless, but also seamless as well. There is no elastic along the sides or on the back, so comfort is guaranteed. Plus the name “No Side Effects” has a reason; it’s designed to reduce that underarm bulge that can be a frustrating result of wearing traditional bras. Amazon users seem to love it; more than 800 women gave this bra five stars.
5. Wacoal Lace Soft-Cup Bra ($15+): Like the bra we love from Intimate Portal, this Wacoal bra is also prime bralette material. It’s not just all looks with this lacey number though; it has stellar reviews on its comfort and support as well. Although low, cute bras with minimal support can cause ladies with fuller chests to run in the opposite direction, many women attest that this bra works for both large and small band and cup sizes. Oh, and it comes in red for the hot mamas.
6. Vanity Fair Women’s Sport Full Figure Bra ($19): This bra boasts “separation and support” and was specifically designed for full-figured women who want wire-free support and comfort. A hybrid between a traditional bra and a sports bra, this affordable option features bounce control and moisture wicking.
7. Caramel Cantina Bralette 3-Pack ($25): Flaunt the padding or take it out, thanks to the easy-to-remove padding in these dainty bralettes that also convert to racerback. If you truly give no Fs and want to feel as close to naked as you can get with a bra on, this is your best bet to feel liberated and supported at the same time.
8. True & Co Alice Easy Fit Pullover Bra ($48): This bra gives us sporty vibes but is also totally acceptable as loungewear. It’s a pullover with a mesh lace strap detail. We love True & Co because they size all the way up to an XL, which accommodates up to DD cup sizes. Check out the easy size guide before placing an order, but don’t stress too much because they do free returns.
9. Playtex 18-hour Smooth N’ Stylish Bra ($33): For maximum support without pesky underwires, this soft-cup bra is an A-lister — especially for its doable price point. This Playtex bra is designed for fuller cup sizes and is equipped with support in its frame, cups, straps, and back. Because ain’t nobody got time for bras that dig into our shoulders.
10. Delimira Foam Contour Wireless Bra ($32): Offered in cup sizes ranging from B to DD, this bra is seamless, lightly padded with foam, and available in additional colors like cyan and pink. Who said that practical bras couldn’t be cute too?
What kind of brassiere are you most comfortable in? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.