These Picks Will Turn Any Corner Into The Ultimate Yoga Spot
Whether you’re a master of inversions or just working on your downward dog, yoga can be a great way to reconnect with your body and establish confidence-boosting continuity in your everyday routine. Heck, it’ll even improve your health. The only problem? Some of us don’t exactly have the space at our disposal for a home gym. And that trendy yoga studio down the block? It’s also spendy, and sometimes your schedules don’t align. No worries: We’ve rounded up some stylish essentials will boost your yoga and meditation practices alike, and best of all, they can bring a calm, centered feeling to any corner of your place.
1. Yeti Yoga Co. Dora Szentmihalyi Toucan Yoga Mat ($60): The ultimate yoga mat for jungalow lovers, this bright and tropical print by artist Dora Szentmihalyi will put a spring in your step, even during your groggiest early-morning practice.
2. Brentwood Home Crystal Cove Bundle ($169): This set of yoga props, which includes a meditation cushion, a bolster, and a Pranayama pillow, is so sophisticated. (The distinctive scalloped motif is particularly on-trend). Nobody would bat an eye if you tossed one on your couch after your morning sun salutations.
3. Basically Perfect Cork Yoga Blocks ($40 for set of two): Sometimes, the simplest solution is the best one. That’s Basically Perfect’s approach to yoga accessories, and their commitment to using all-natural, non-toxic and eco-friendly cork pays off for you: Since cork is naturally antimicrobial, you can practice in peace with less time worrying about how much of last week’s sweat is still hanging around.
4. Studio180degree Travel-Friendly Eco-Meditation Tara Cushion ($326): It’s a splurge, but the Tara pillow is bringing a LOT to your home set up. Ethically- and sustainably-harvested wool gives the felt surface its soft feel, and the compact size is perfect for taking your meditation practice wherever you go. Use it for your seated poses in yoga, or just spend an afternoon at peace. And we love this bright color combination for added inspiration.
5. EIR NYC Fresh EIR + Rolling Liniment Bundle ($38): A sweet-smelling yoga corner is a happy yoga corner. EIR NYC’s all-natural spray is safe to use to deodorize yourself, your yoga equipment, and your entire space. Plus, their organic liniment is great for soothing tired muscles at the end of your practice.
6. Halfmoon Limited-Edition Indigo Cotton Yoga Blanket ($55): No more scratchy yoga blankets! Halfmoon’s organic cotton version is hand-loomed in India and dyed with natural indigo, making it a cheery, modern alternative to classic yoga blankets.
7. Levoit Elora Himalayan Salt Lamp ($40): You’ve probably seen one of these at your local yoga studio, but not all salt lamps are created equal. Levoit’s version features an ingenious dimmer feature, perfect for easing into Savasana at the end of your practice. (And whether you believe in the health benefits or not, there’s no denying that salt lamps cast a soothing pink glow over your meditation space.)
8. Yoga Zeal Banana Leaf Carry Strap ($26): Keep the tropical vibe alive with this two-in-one yoga strap, designed to help you get more out of your poses and haul your mat to class.
9. Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Tropical Wireless Mobile Bluetooth Speaker ($196): Whether you’re looking for some zen background music to relax to or trying to pump yourself up with some sweat-inducing jams, the BOOM 2 is our go-to. It comes in so many compelling color combos (we’re partial to this electric purple and orange), and it’s waterproof, too, so you won’t hurt it if you knock your water bottle over during a particularly wobbly tree pose.
Need a little more motivation? Follow us on Instagram for more mindful goodness.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.