Zara’s “Underwater” Home Collection Will Make Your Mermaid Dreams Come True
If you swooned all over Zara’s beachy Jaipur collection, you’ll LOVE their spring 2017 line that’ll have you humming “Under the Sea” as you shop. The tropical collection features three main color palettes: an upbeat and cheery coral color, pastel blues and purples and a sunny yellow and turquoise combo that’s guaranteed to brighten up your bedroom. Whether your spirit animal is a mermaid or you’re just wishing you were on a beach somewhere, Zara’s newest line might be your next home decor crush with seashell accessories, pastel mohair throws and elegant coral candles. Scroll through some of our favorite picks below, and then head over to Zara Home’s Underwater Line page to check out the entire collection.
1. Textured Cotton Bedspread ($139+): The easiest way to update your bedroom with a fresh new theme is with a new bedspread, and Zara makes it easy with their chic, vibrant options. If you’re craving a punch of color, pick up this bright turquoise and yellow number, complete with playful jellyfish and seahorses.
2. Round Gold Nest of Tables ($229, set of two): Nesting tables are kind of brilliant as nightstands. You can tuck the little one away if you don’t need it and bring it out when your candle collection or reading pile starts taking over the floor.
3. Sand and Shells Glass Decorative Piece ($30): Even if you can’t sink your toes in the sand, try getting your beach fix with this gorg beach terrarium. The globe comes with sand and seashells, but it would be super fun to customize it with shells from your own travels or a sprinkling of colored sand.
5. Puffer Fish Candle ($18): Okay, this little guy might just be way too cute to actually burn, but you’re guaranteed to get some double taps if you add him to your #shelfie. Choose between coral pink or neon yellow for a fun pop of beachy decor.
6. Fringe and Checks Mohair Blanket ($169): If you’re ready to swap out your flannels and faux fur for something a little lighter, you might want to consider something super soft for your bed or sofa. Pastel shades are trending hard, and these mohair throws from Zara are just the thing you need to add a little luxury to your reading nook or favorite napping couch.
7. Turquoise Flower Windowpane Candleholder ($15): The mix of gold frames and teal glass looks just as chic during the day as it does when it’s glowing at night. These elegant candle holders would look perfect on a nightstand or grouped together on your coffee table.
8. Turtles Print Linen Cushion Cover ($30): Any time you cover a throw pillow in hot pink and orange coral, it will be a #winning look. These glam cushion covers are just the thing to keep those tropical summer vibes going all year long.
9. Hourglass With Silver Metallic Structure ($50): No, it’s not sunbathing on a warm beach, but watching turquoise sand fall through a beautiful hourglass might be almost as relaxing. This modern accessory would look right at home in a cool centerpiece or sitting solo on a side table.
10. Leaf Shape Golden Ashtray ($15): Every mermaid needs a catchall dish by her bed to store her jewels. These metallic shells are ideal for holding your rings and earrings — everything you need to shed before hitting the sack.
11. Grey Wavy Ceramic Vase ($50): A ruffly, sea-creature-inspired shape in pretty pastels? This unusual vase is a total winner and would look at home in any modern living space.
12. Coral Candle ($23): Beautiful homes deserve beautiful candles! Treat yo’ self with these gorg coral shapes that’ll set the mood even if you never light ’em up. The soft purple color and ruffled design make this look more like a piece of art than just an ordinary old candle.
13. Marble-Effect Glass Vase ($50): You just can’t go wrong when you go marbled. Add one of these flower-filled vases to your coffee table for the ultimate first impression.
14. Basic Weave Blanket ($90): A tasseled throw is just what you need to transform your sleeping space into one worth lounging in. Swap out your plaid and winter bedding for this rich, rainbow-toned number: Pair it with some velvet throw pillows and a few candles for a beautiful boho bedroom you won’t want to leave.
15. Coral Print Cushion Cover ($30): Show some mermaid love to your couch in pastel, huggable form. Lavender and peachy tones make a striking color combo that instantly adds those underwater vibes to your bed without going full-on tropical island.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)