If you remember granola as something that you reluctantly ate as a kid when your mom was on a brief health kick, it’s time to re-examine! It seems as though granola is having a wave of popularity with the emphasis being on innovation. Everything from goji berries to green tea are being added to fancy up this once-hippie crunchy munch. The next 12 super versatile recipes will show you just what we mean — eat ’em for breakfast, throw some in your gym bag for a pre-workout snack or keep a bunch by your desk for an afternoon pick-me-up!
1. Vanilla Green Tea Latte Granola: It’s as if your favorite drink had a makeover and found itself in your cereal bowl. This gets serious points for pushing the envelope of granola flavors. (via Happy Healthy Life)
4. Cardamom Granola: Cardamom is known as “the queen of spices” because of its robust flavor. The flavor combination of lemon, mint and pepper from the cardamom goes beautifully with the sweetness of the brown rice syrup in this recipe. A must-try. (via Food 52)
5. Apricot Buckwheat Granola: This one is gluten-free and just waiting to be made. The sweetness of the apricot and the crunchiness of the nuts make us swoon for this recipe. (via Happy Hearted Kitchen)
6. Peanut Butter Cacao Nib Granola: Cacao is packed with antioxidants, and its slightly bitter flavor is like heaven in your mouth when paired with peanut butter. Chances are you won’t be able to make this just once. (via The Vanilla Bean Blog)
7. Kamut Coconut Vanilla: This is super simple to make and you will want to have a constant stash of it in your kitchen. The kamut and rye flakes are a nice switch from regular rolled oats. (via Bold Vegan)
10. Goji Berry Granola: Goji berries are an awesome superfood. If you haven’t gotten friendly with them yet, now is the perfect time. They are sky high in vitamin C and in antioxidants. They are similar tasting to a raisin but more bitter. This recipe has them paired with pistachios and it’s oh-so good. (via Happiness is Homemade)
11. Chunky Chocolate Buckwheat Granola: This might be too sweet for your cereal bowl but it could be the perfect thing to have around when your sweet tooth says, “Hi.” The chunkiness is super satisfying to snack on. (via My New Roots)
12. Mocha Coconut Granola: Coffee and chocolate, it’s a winning combination even in granola. You can have breakfast and get your coffee fix at the same time. Perfect for busy bees! (via Kitchen Confidante)
Hop over to the comments and tell us which one you’re going to try first!