13 On-the-Go Breakfasts to Save Time in the Back-to-School Rush
Whether you’re ready or not, it’s almost time to send the kiddos back to school. That means, hectic mornings of packing lunch, getting dressed, and piling in the car — with certainly no time for a sit-down breakfast. Once the crew is loaded in your oh-so-cool mom van, break out the breakfast bars and egg sandwiches to make the commute much easier. For inspiration for fun and healthy recipes that the kids will love, check out these 13 on-the-go breakfasts.
1. Granola Crunch Apple-Peanut Butter Sandwich Wraps: Chances are, the kids will fight the request to eat fruit for breakfast. That’s why you get to do your motherly duties and hide them in a fun wrap with granola and peanut butter. (via Two Healthy Kitchens)
2. Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Muffins: When you can take oatmeal with you and it’s disguised as an indulgent chocolate chip muffin, you’re doing something right. You might just reach for these instead of your green smoothie. (via Crazy for Crust)
4. Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Bars: These breakfast bars may taste like a slice of cake, but they’re filled with whole grains, shredded carrots, and almond butter for optimum brain power. (via Sweet As Honey)
5. Cinnamon Vanilla Breakfast Protein Bites: Your tots will love these gluten-free and vegan protein bites so much, they’ll beg for extras to take to school. Lucky for you, they’re no-bake, so you can spend your precious time on other tasks. (via Cotter Crunch)
6. Denver Omelet Breakfast Muffins: Making omelets on a Tuesday doesn’t exactly sound like a realistic goal. Instead, make these mini omelet muffins ahead of time, and you could be running out the door with a savory hot breakfast in no time. (via The Recipe Critic)
8. Make-Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches: Your McDonald’s stops are about to be a thing of the past. Let your kids help you assemble these freezer breakfast sandwiches to save time and money. (via The Suburban Soapbox)
9. Zucchini Breakfast Cookies: No one would turn down a cookie for breakfast, even when they’re filled with zucchini. These may look super indulgent, but they won’t leave you with a major sugar crash. (via Life Made Sweeter)
10. Egg, Ham, and Cheese Breakfast Sliders: When it’s your turn to carpool and you have an SUV full of kids, a tray of breakfast sliders to keep them satisfied is priceless. Assemble them the night before and pop them in the oven in the morning while everyone is getting ready. (via A Mom’s Take)
11. Hash Brown Breakfast Wraps: Spend one Sunday a month making and freezing a giant batch of these egg-free wraps, and you’ll be so glad you did. All they take is 90 seconds in the microwave to reheat, and you can feel good about nourishing your family on the road. (via Spend With Pennies)
13. Peach Carrot Smoothie: When all else fails, smoothies are the most fuss-free healthy breakfast around. Let the kiddos pick their fruit and then you can sneak in a veggie like spinach or carrots. (via Primavera Kitchen)
Follow us on Pinterest for more BTS recipes!