Breakfast, the most important meal of the day (no, really it is) is often the most neglected… and we kind of get that. Sacrificing cereal and milk for an extra 15 minutes of sleep seems like a wise decision when the alarm goes off, but that’s only because you’ve been eating Boresville bran flakes. Newsflash y’all: A good-for-you breakfast doesn’t have to be lame. To prove it, a list of healthy, yet delicious, breakfast recipes that’ll have you rising and shining at the first ding of the alarm.
1. Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese: There’s just something about eggs in muffin form that makes them more fun to eat. Bonus: They’re packed with plenty of protein and fiber thanks to the sausage and spinach. Our suggestion? Bake on a Sunday night, then grab-and-go throughout the week. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
2. Vegan Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Bites: Here it comes. Another on-the-move breakfast, this time with stomach-filling fiber that is vegan approved. What’s more? You feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast, which is something we can always get behind. (via FitSugar)
4. Eggs Baked in Avocado: Omega 3s are a must addition to your morning. And you get it with eggs in avocado, a fabulous one-two punch. Low in sugar but high in good fat and protein, this particular baked avocado egg has nearly 14g of fiber. YUMMY. (via Serious Eats)
5. Southwest Egg Scramble: Egg scrambles are absolutely a go-to, healthy breakfast. You can literally add in any kind vegetables or fruits. This version does it up with salsa, avocado, corn, and white cheddar. You almost feel like you’re eating tacos. So go ahead. Start the day with a mini fiesta. (via Keep It Skinny)
6. Roasted Chickpea and Broccoli Burrito: Filling, healthy, different – this breakfast burrito is just 300 calories and fabulous. Roasted chickpeas are high in protein and work really well with broccoli and avocado. When you’re craving the normal high-calorie burrito, opt for this version instead. (via Shape)
7. Mediterranean Breakfast Sandwiches: With only 12g of fat and 25g of carbs, this is the ultimate breakfast sandwich. The key is the multi-grain sandwich thins, which you can get at most grocery stores. They provide the satisfaction of bread but as a much healthier alternative. (via BHG)
8. Fried Egg Toast with Tomato: Eggs and toast is probably the most classic breakfast combo, which is why we love, love, love this spin. It’s also a great meal for kids. Anytime cookie cutters are involved, kids go crazy. (via BHG)
9. Slow Cooker Banana Nut Oatmeal: If you’re not already on the slow-cooker bandwagon, you should be. This banana nut oatmeal recipe literally leaves you with zero excuses not to eat in the morning, seeing as you cook it the night before. Come on now. With less than 1g of fat, 7g of fiber, and 11g of protein, this oatmeal makes for a fantastic and yummy breakfast. (via The Lemon Bowl)
10. Sweet Potato and Brussel Sprout Hash: If you’re not in the mood for eggs and toast, this sweet potato and Brussels sprout hash is your alternative. You’re getting 24 solid grams of protein for less than 250 calories. So set your alarm 10 minutes earlier than usual, and enjoy your veggie hash. (via Shape)
What dishes are your rising and shining to? Let us know in the comments below!