Every woman who’s gone for a fringe knows about the dreaded phase of the bang grow-out. Sometimes that phase comes about a few months after the decision to cut ’em, and sometimes it happens the day after you decided to get ’em. And now you feel like you are perpetually “growing out your bangs.”
Well, we’ve got you covered with three super simple style hacks to get you through the awkwardness. Bangs away!
This look is great for dressing up those unruly bangs.
1. You are going to take your bangs as one section and back comb them. You can either use a back combing comb or a regular brush in very thin small sections until the whole section has been bumped up.
3. Simply secure your new chic bang bump by cross pinning a few bobby pins in the back.
4. Back comb the remaining hair to balance out the height of your newly bumped-up bouffant.
Feel free to rock this look while channeling your inner Daenerys.
1. Start by parting your hair down the center.
2. Twist your bangs back and away from your face picking up a few longer pieces of hair to help make sure they stay put.
3. Lift up a section of your hair to pin the twist underneath so that it is hidden.
4. Smooth down the hair over the pins to create a romantic, whimsical look.
1. Use a heat setting spray like my go-to Kenra Platinum Spray first and then a hairspray like L’Oreal Paris Elnett Satin to bond the shorter hair to the longer hair and curl bangs. You’ll also use this with a longer piece of hair to make the curl appear seamless from the bangs to the rest of your hair.
2. Continue this throughout your entire hair by picking up small 1/2″ sections.
3. Scrunch up and break apart the curls with a Smooth Down Creme.
What hair challenges do you want us to tackle? Talk to us in the comments below.