You know that Swedish store we all love and adore… the one that’s known for its meatballs and furniture opportunity? The answer is four little letters: IKEA! Their modern styles are so popular and affordable that they’re found in many homes (and apartments) from coast to coast. Sometimes, you come across a piece that is so unique, that when you ask where it came from, you’re shocked to hear “IKEA!”. That’s probably because it’s an amazing IKEA hack. And they’re a slight obsession for everyone, which is why we’ve rounded up 22 ways to give your IKEA bookshelf a brand new life.
1. Dipped Svalbo: Okay, stop swooning over the peachy coral color of this hack and take a look at the whole piece itself for a minute. Originally a sideboard, this is just the right size for the entry table that houses your keys and purse. (via The Sweet Beast)
3. Artful Expedit: This hack is the perfect way to clean up the look of your Expedit or the newer Kallax. Create these turquoise swinging doors with just a couple of hooks and painted canvases. (via Dans le Lakehouse)
11. Laundry Folding Area: A special area for folding laundry is a luxury, but if you have the space for it, this clean white IKEA hack makes the perfect place for it, plus some organized storage. (via Six 2 Eleven)
12. Banquet Seat: We probably all dream about a grand dining room at some point in our lives, and this hack can help those dreams come true. While we’re seriously diggin’ these stripes, the color and fabric is up to you (and your dining room table). (via Melodrama)
13. Closet Island: While those statement necklaces deserve to be displayed, we all have some girly things that aren’t so pretty. A closet island is the perfect place for storage and display, so you can organize it all just how you like it. (via XO, Jordan)
14. Open Kitchen Pantry: With a couple customized Besta shelves and some paint, you could have this gorgeous open pantry in your kitchen, too! Better start stocking up on some glass jars. (via Remodelista)
17. DIY Color: Contact paper is an easy and temporary upgrade for your IKEA pieces, and this awesome company just made it easier. Panyl cuts your chosen color or pattern to fit your shelves and drawers! Isn’t that just the amazing? (via Flax and Twine)
21. Kiddie Closet Storage: Why do babies end up with more clothes than us adults? Sometimes it’s not fair. But, you can add more storage for all those clothes by dividing it down the middle with an Expedit. At least they’re cute, right? (via Project Nursery)
22. Succulent Garden in a Cart: So maybe this isn’t exactly a hack for shelves but there are several shelves on this cart, right? And we kinda can’t resist anything that involves the Raskog cart. It even makes the perfect home for succulents! (via Succulents and Sunshine)
What is your favorite IKEA hack? Have you invented one on your own? We’d love to hear about it!