If you’re into making things and do-it-yourself goodness, we’re betting you’ve got a stash of paint chips in your junk drawer, just waiting for the perfect project.
Lucky for you, we’ve rounded up 25 that just might fit the bill. It’s a full on paint-chip-palooza! Enjoy.
1. Paint Chip Orbs: Love these little orbs. (via Readymade)
2. Chevron Wall Art: Oh chevron, how we love you. This gorgeous piece is a great movie night project. (via Love Hue Home)
3. Geometric Wall Art: Speaking of awesome wall art, triangles! (via How About Orange)
4. Ceiling Art: Definitely on the more abstract side, this upside down stack of building blocks is a lot of fun. (via Broke and Healthy)
5. Moving Announcements: These could also make sweet save-the-dates! (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
6. Paint Chip Trees: Genius. Adding this to our list of non-traditional Christmas trees. (via Hubby Made Me)
7. Ombre Earrings: This pair of earrings is easy as 1-2-3-4! (via Minted Strawberry)
8. Paint Chip Heart Art: Perfect for Valentine’s Day! (via I Heart Organizing)
9. Napkin Holder: Love this one for weddings or dinner parties. (via My Hands Made It)
10. Square Mobile: Cut ‘em up, string ‘em up, and hang. (via Borrowed and Blue)
11. Bedroom Wall: This definitely takes some dedication. (via Design*Sponge)
12. Colorful Coasters: A little decoupage, tile, and you’re good to go. (via 645 Workshop + Etsy)
13. Business Card Holders: Just the thing for color nerds. (via Design Verb)
14. Matchbook Notepads: You know we love us a good matchbook notebook. (via The Hobby Room Diaries)
15. Chevron Ombre Necklace: Don’t have time for the full piece of wall art? Just cut a few chevrons and add some chain. (via By Wilma)
16. Paper Heart Garland: Paint chips and a fun-shaped punch. Win. (via Grace and Light)
17. Pixelated Marilyn: Beauty! (via Apartment Therapy)
18. Attic Stairs Decor: Another one that takes quite a bit of dedication, this a lovely way to add color to an attic or basement stairwell. (via Cozy Little Cave)
19. Pinned Installation: Talk about a real life Pinterest board ;) (via Things Organized Neatly)
20. Paint Chip Garland: Reminds us of a garland we made here at Brit HQ earlier this week… (via Jones Design Company)
21. Paint Chip Calendar: Paint chips underneath a glass frame = instant dry erase calendar! (via Maple and Magnolia)
22. Swatch Chandelier: Another lovely piece of Valentine’s decor or for a girl’s room. (via Hey Gorgeous Events)
23. Sewn Garlands: Love this use of a decorative hole punch and sewing machine. (via Creature Comforts Blog)
24. Paint Swatch Boxes: Add this to your list of DIY gift wrap ideas. (via How About Orange)
25. Stars and Stripes: So fun – love how the stripes come through in each letter. (via Rebekah Gough)
Bonus! Paint Chip Paintings: A series by Shawn Huckins, these paint chip portraits and paintings are pretty unbelievable.
What cool projects have you seen or made using paint chip samples? Share them with us on Facebook, Twitter, or in the comments below.