10 Adulting Wine Apps to Help You Survive 2017
There’s nothing quite like getting home after a long work day, unclipping your bra and pouring yourself a big ol’ glass of wine. But while we’d *love* to be profesh sommeliers, most of our wine shopping involves looking for the cutest label for the cheapest price (box or bottle, it doesn’t matter). Now that we’re trying to take our adulting skills to the next level though, we thought we would up our wine game by checking out 10 wine apps that’ll help us expand our knowledge of all things vino.
1. Wine Spectator WineRatings+: From comprehensive vintage charts to educational articles and videos, this all-around wine app is a great option — whether you’re an experienced wino looking for the daily deets or a newbie who’s just trying to not look like a fool at dinner.
2. Vivino Wine Scanner: You’re in the grocery store perusing the aisles for your next great pick. Instead of choosing a wine based on your gut (which, let’s be honest, is our go-to move), this app will guide you through the entire process. Simply take a photo of any wine label to uncork pricing, ratings, reviews, food paring suggestions and recommendations.
3. Delectable Wines: This girlboss-approved app will help you keep track of your fave vintages AND get the latest vino musings from world-famous winemakers, sommeliers and wine critics. Plus, you can buy your go-to bottles right from that app and they’ll deliver it to your door.
4. Winery Passport: Touring wineries is a great way to learn more about vino. Acting as your personal wine tasting guide, this professional app will help you discover all the cool wines and wineries in your area — from Napa to New York. Can you say best date night ever?!
DL It: Free on iOS
5. Winc Wines: By completing Winc’s six question palate profile, this neat app will help you discover your next favorite wine by offering you customized recommendations. Then, once you’ve found your faves, they’ll deliver the wine straight to your door. It’s really that simple.
DL It: Free on iOS
6. Hello Vino: We love ANY app that boasts that there’s no snobs allowed. Made for vino newbies, this fun app will help you learn more about the wine you’re already drinking, make exciting new recommendations and let you browse tons of community ratings… heck, it even offers wine gift ideas for your wine-loving BFF!
7. Pocket Wine Pairing: We’ve all gotten the side-eye for ordering the wrong glass of wine with dinner on an evening out. Make sure that never happens again with this pocket wine pairing app that gives you a detailed index of hundreds of meal types, wine styles, grape varieties and blends (plus a handy dos and don’ts section for when you need answers fast).
DL It: Free on iOS
8. Wine Enthusiast Tasting Guide: Created by the editors of Wine Enthusiast Magazine, this fun app is great for peeps who are looking to expand beyond their go-to bottles. Not only can you search over 200,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews straight from the editors, but you can become your own wine critics and create your own reviews too!
9. CellarTracker: If you’re a little more experienced in the wine world and are already building up a collection, this amazing cellar tracker is a must-download. Using their online cellar management tool you can easily track your collection, see its value and check out what you’re reaching for most.
10. Drizly: In as little as one hour, get your favorite vintages delivered right to your door. The prices are the same as your local liquor store — just make sure that your city is on their list before you promise your friends an extra bottle of vino for girls’ night.
Do you have any wine apps on your phone? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.