10 Apps to Download Right After You’ve Gotten Engaged
Congratulations, you’re engaged! Now that you’ve called your fam jam and posted a sweet engagement picture on Instagram, it’s time to *actually* start planning the celebration of your dreams. But because the beginning stages of planning a wedding can be hella stressful, we’ve decided to play fairy godmother and treat our engaged ladies with a few helpful tools to help stay focused and organized during this crazy exciting time. So without further ado, here are 10 apps to download immediately after your engagement party. Bibbidi, bobbidi, I do!
1. Holy Matrimoji: Sending texts to your bridesmaids just got a while lot more glam. Wedding gown designer Hayley Paige’s new app is full of beautifully illustrated stickers and GIFs that are perfect for *all* your bridal moments — from finding your perfect wedding dress to being stressed out over annoyingly late RSVPs.
DL It: $1.99 on iOS
2. Moments: Let’s be honest — you’re going to take a LOT of pictures during your engagement. So to keep your pics organized, we suggest downloading this cool app from the makers of Facebook. It instantly organizes the photos and videos on your phone by time, location, and people, and makes it super simple to create private photo albums to share with your squad.
3. Pantone Studio: From table settings to bridesmaids dresses, choosing a color palette is an essential first step to planning a wedding. Whether you find the perfect shade of blue at a nearby coffee shop or simply want to check out a swatch from a gorgeous post on Pinterest, Pantone’s awesome app allows you to import pics from practically anywhere to find your perfect wedding palette in a snap.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. Polarr: Because you’re going to be taking so many pictures with bae, you’re going to want a photo editor that’s a little more evolved than the standard Facebook and Instagram freebies. Polarr combines the best of auto-enhance tools with cool filters AND elaborate one-off editing tools to really give your pics the pop you’re looking for.
5. Seven: Although you totally don’t have to bust your butt in the gym before you walk down the aisle, if you’re looking to stay fit during your your busy bride-to-be schedule, this awesome app is definitely a great option. All of the workouts in the program are seven minutes long and only require a chair, a wall, and your own body weight — heck, you don’t even need internet!
6. Wedding Planner by WeddingWire: If you’re planning your big day without a wedding planner, you’ll want to check out this wonderful app ASAP. From finding the perfect indie wedding vendor to creating a no-nonsense budget and to-do list, WeddingWire’s sweet all-in-one app is like the virtual maid of honor you never knew you needed.
7. RSVPify: This ridiculously helpful app makes it easy to manage your guest list straight from your mobile device. Along with having your guests notify you of their attendance and meal preferences, you can also ask custom questions specific to your wedding… and it comes with a handy drag-and-drop seating chart maker too.
DL It: Free on iOS
8. Wedding Countdown: Even though your wedding is still probably months away, you’re going to want to savor every damn moment of this wonderful season of life. This sweet countdown app is perfect for the bride who wants a daily reminder of their happily ever after. Not only does the app let you pick you own pictures to set as a background image, but it even has flexible countdown units that’ll make your engaged heart melt (AKA along with months, days, and hours, you can also track the amount of heartbeats until your wedding too).
9. WeddingHappy: If you’re just in the beginning stages of planning your wedding, this fun app is a must. Along with helping you with your daily to-dos and keeping track of all your payments and appointments, it’s definitely a great option for any bride on a budget. Plus, we love that they actively support same-sex marriages on the app by adapting the happy couple’s plans according to their S.O.
DL It: Free on iOS
10. Honeyfund: This wedding registry makes it super easy to register for practically anything on the web — including that wacky Star Wars themed wine bottle holder you’ve been itching for on Amazon. It’s fully customizable and definitely a sweet way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon (after you stop staring at your engagement ring, of course).
Are you using apps to help plan your wedding? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.