Dog peeps: We see you. From throwing adorable office paw-ties in the middle of the work day to spoiling your pooch with chic indie store finds, a true dog lady finds every opportunity to shower their slobbery best friend with love. Whether you’re looking for a doggie daycare, some free vet advice or just a neat new way to take Instagram pics of your doggo, here are 10 apps that every pup momma should download for their furry friend.
1. Wag!: Once we saw Chelsea Handler try this new service on her self-titled Netflix show, we were hooked. Whether you can’t walk your pup because of an early meeting or are running out of town for a few days and need a sitter, this cool app connects you with a network of dog walkers and babysitters by location.
2. Pet First Aid: Even though we don’t ever want to think about our pet having a medical scare, we should still prepare ourselves just in case. This completely free app from The American Red Cross gives you actual veterinary advice for everyday emergencies. Not only can you access life-saving advice in the moment, but there are videos and quizzes to make you a pro before disaster strikes too.
3. Pet Coach: Let’s be honest — we’ve all googled our dog’s odd behavior before. But instead of getting lost in internet forums, this app gives you direct advice from verified vets, trainers and other pet experts for free. Yep, free!
4. DogVacay: If you’re looking for a verified sitter for your pooch, you have to check out this app pronto. Not only does DogVacay have over 40,000 five-star rated dog sitters across the continent, but all reservations include premium pet insurance and daily photo and video updates so you can travel without worrying about your BFF.
5. BringFido: Bringing your pup with you while you travel is an amazing experience… but it can also be frustrating finding ways to explore the city that are dog-friendly. BringFido allows you to easily search by location for the best hotels, attractions and restaurants that welcome pets. Let’s get exploring!
DL It: Free on iOS
6. BarkBuddy: This Tinder-like app allows you to swipe through thousands of adoptable pup profiles, share with friends and save your favorites. Fair warning, you’re going to want to adopt *all* of these cuties.
7. BarkCam: As a Millennial with an Instagram just for their pooch (sorry not sorry!), I can honestly say that this fun app is definitely worth downloading. Simply choose a sound that will get your pup’s attention and snap a great photo *without* running out of treats. Heck, you can even add fun stickers and filters to really jazz things up.
8. Map My Dog Walk: Just like the trusty Map My Walk, this innovative app from Under Armour allows you to exercise your dog and log your steps at the same time, using your phone’s built-in GPS technology.
9. FitBark: If you’ve always wondered what Fido actually does when you’re at work, this app will give you just the inside scoop you’re looking for. Using the corresponding FitBark Activity Monitor ($70), it’s basically a FitBit for pups to track just how active your doggo is during the day.
10. What Dog: Have you ever wondered what breed of dog your pup is? Well this popular app powered by AI technology claims to be able to tell what dog breed your doggo is by just a picture. They even have a mode where you can find out what kind of dog breed YOU are… go ahead; we know you’re curious.
DL It: Free on iOS
Do you have any pup-friendly apps on your phone? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.