12 Indie Dog Companies to Shop for Your Precious Pooch
Our four-legged fur-babies love us more than anyone else in the entire world — and no, we’re not talking about cats. That’s why we love spoiling our pooches with pup-tastic birthday parties, tasty peanut butter and carrot pupcakes and all the snuggles they can handle (now that we know dogs actually don’t hate hugs). Unfortunately, when it comes to finding treats, toys and accessories for our beloved pets, it can sometimes seem like the big chain stores are our only convenient option. Luckily, the artisan movement has brought us more than adorable record stores and indie paper goods stores — we can now shop indie for our dogs too.
1. The Dapper Dog Co.: Using the English tradition of custom tailoring and proper attire, the sisters behind this seven-year-old company sure know how to style a pup. From adorable bow tie collars to more sporting necktie options, your dog is sure to look their best after visiting this cute online shop. (Photo via The Dapper Dog Co.)
2. Pipolli: Piggy and Polly are two spoiled French Bulldogs. Their owners, the founders of Pipolli, love to infuse Scandinavian influences into their designs — like their too-cute-for-words signature teepees — making everyone with four legs (and two) happy and comfortable. (Photo via Pipolli)
3. Harper and Hugo: Inspired by another pair of French Bulldogs, this newly opened British shop specializes in dog necklaces and bag holders for the modern and fashionable pup. (Photo via Harper and Hugo)
4. Beast and Babe: Based out of sunny Los Angeles, this American dog label is all about expert craftsmanship. Sure, their adorable collars and leashes will cost you a pretty penny, but their made-to-last design will definitely outlive cheap chain-store alternatives. (Photo via Beast and Babe)
5. Barkbox and Barkshop: For only $20 a month, this puppy-approved company ships an entire subscription box full of treats and toys to your lucky pooch. And if that wasn’t enough, their corresponding online store sells one-time specialty boxes and amazing goodies that are sure to delight your slobbery friend, including these hilarious 2016 presidential candidate plushies ($16) and a few treats for humans too. (Photo via Barkbox)
6. Dog and Co.: Curating items from the best dog designers in town, this NYC shop is ideal for the stylish owner. From walk time to play time, it’s a one-stop shop for all of your pet-related gear (except for adorable doggie arm casts). (Photo via Dog & Co.)
7. Wagwear: Finding a cozy sweater for your apartment-sized pup might be easy, but locating accessories for larger dogs is a chore in and of itself. Thanks to the dynamic team at Wagwear, most accessories can be custom tailored to your pooch, no matter the size — meaning that Chihuahuas and Great Danes can look equally fab. (Photo via Wagwear)
8. Molly Mutt: This eco-friendly company’s signature product is an ingenious hack on the traditional dog bed. Simply purchase a dog bed cover from their expansive selection of sizes and patterns, fill it with your old tees and let your dog dream easy. After all, your dog’s favorite scent is you! (Photo via Molly Mutt)
9. Billy Wolf: You won’t find any punny prints or ironic toys in this online shop — Billy Wolf is all about recreating the classics. From well-made leather collars to natural canvas toys, this no-nonsense online store is perfect for your preppy pup. (Photo via Billy Wolf)
10. Happy Pooch: You don’t get more artisan than this tiny shop. With collars, leashes and accessories handcrafted in a tiny house in Sweden, this quality-centric store will definitely make your pooch the popular pup at the dog park. (Photo via Happy Pooch)
11. East End Best Friend: After acquiring her Rottweiler and Staffordshire Bull Terrier mix in 2012, Jessica couldn’t find a toy that could keep up with her high-energy pup (that didn’t look like an absolute eyesore, of course). So she created her own handcrafted dog accessories store with products that can not only survive an enthusiastic puppy, but also look fab in your home too. (Photo via East End Best Friend)
12. Hound Collection: If you’re looking for a luxe birthday present for your pooch, this might be the online shop you’ve been dreaming of. Pairing the latest trends in fashion with the practicality of dog wear, this online-only shop is a doggy dream come true. (Photo via Hound Collection)
Do you shop indie for your pup? Let us know on Twitter by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.