10 Signs You’re Basically Already Living Together
Moving in together is a huge step. So if you and bae are taking your time, that’s probably the right move. But if it’s been weeks since you actually slept in your own bed, maybe it’s time you guys stop dancing around the big talk and actually address the fact that one of you is basically paying rent on an apartment-sized storage unit.
Here’s how you know it’s really getting ridiculous:
1. You don’t just have a drawer at his place — you have half the closet.
2. You accidentally listed his apartment as your home address on an emergency contact sheet.
3. His roommates added your name to the chore wheel on the fridge.
4. When you text your roommate to let her know you’ll be at the apartment tonight, she texts back a pic of the “Welcome Home!” banner she hung across the living room.
5. You think of your own apartment as more of a shrine to your single self than a place you actually live.
6. Your landlord was surprised to get your latest rent check because she thought you’d moved out.
7. You’ve never asked for his Netflix password because you’ve never actually needed to.
8. You lost your keys to your own place, and it took you three days to even notice.
9. Your last big “date night” out was just going back to your apartment for a change.
10. Your roommate reenacts those “Dogs Welcoming Soldiers Home” videos whenever you drop by to change clothes.
How did you know it was time to move in with your S.O.? Tweet us your story @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)