11 Ways to Host a Pretty Send Off to Pretty Little Liars
Four little liars can’t keep a secret forever. And this is why, sadly, Pretty Little Liars fans across the globe, including super fan and four-time gold medalist, Simone Biles are grimacing at the fact that season seven of Pretty Little Liars will most likely be the last. PLL fans, don’t despair. Throwing a PLL series wrap party for you and your girl squad is the next best thing to finally figuring out who A is. You’d better believe there are still plenty of dark, dangerous and devious shadows lurking in Rosewood for the pretty liars to unmask and for us all to tweet about! They are going to reveal who all of the As, backup As and A-related secrets are… right? Before anything funny happens, let’s start this Pretty Little Wrap Up Party. It’s time to bring your A game!
1. An A Message: “Beep!” goes your phone as your heart sinks to your knee caps and you look down to see not a text from A (total sigh of relief), but instead a text from your bestie about these awesome DIY graphic donuts. They are perfect for recreating notes written by the anonymous and scary villain, A. You’ll be able to gobble these messages up in one bite. Take that, A! (via Studio DIY)
2. Only in Rosewood: Rosewood may be the only town where four pretty young ladies stumble upon crime scene after crime scene, body after body and witch hunt after witch hunt. When planning your PLL finale bash, incorporate the picturesque yet terrifying town known as Rosewood! It’s totally acceptable to be inspired by Halloween silhouettes and things that go bump in the night. (via Oh Joy!)
3. Forensic Decor: The world of PLL, aside from its always on-point fashion, is a little dark. Okay, it’s *a lot* dark. The classic character of A running around in his/her/its black hoodie and gloves uniform is as iconic as the show’s opening tune. Be sure to create a few “Missing Girl” posters for your party. Want to get really crafty? Instead of putting Alison’s picture on the posters, put your friends’ faces on them. (via BuzzFeed)
4. A Piece of Cake: A is known for his/her/its ingenious ways of sending Hannah, Aria, Spencer and Emily cryptic messages. This darling little cake looks harmless on the outside — that is, until you and your guests want a slice. While this cake doesn’t bite, there are no promises that A doesn’t. (via Popsugar)
5. Ice-ScreAm Floats: More than likely, the show’s finale will have you screaming into your pillows as all of Rosewood’s secrets are revealed (fingers crossed). So an ice cream float will quench your parched palette. Instead of a plain old ice cream float, let’s call it an ice ScreAm float with a hidden motive. Giggles, -A. (via Sugar and Cloth)
6. Girl Squad Balloons: PLL wouldn’t have been such a runaway hit if it wasn’t for the show’s four main characters’ friendship. Hanna, Aria, Spencer and Emily are the definition of girl squad. Truly, their bond is so tight that T-Swift needs to fill out an application to join. (via Studio DIY)
7. For Your BFFs: Commemorate the evening by gifting your gal pals these DIY wax BFF necklaces to pledge allegiance to each other’s friendship. You’ll totally feel like Ali in season one when she gave the girls matching purple beaded bracelets. (via Aww, Sam)
8. A Is Watching: Does it ever feel like you’re being watched? Tell it to Aria, Hanna, Spencer and Emily. If not A, someone from Team A most definitely is. Create a creepily hilarious concept of A watching you watch the finale of Pretty Little Liars with googly eyes. Just remember to sleep with one eye open, pretties. (via Oh Happy Day).
9. Loverlyphoto Pretty Little Print ($18): Incorporating fun fan art into your PLL view party is a sweet way to end the series and have something as a keepsake from then after.
11. Parting Favors: The tears have fallen, the girls have (hopefully) silenced the A Team for the final time and you’re coming to terms with your favorite show ending. Before you and your pals fall in a show hole, give away these pretty monogrAmmed glass flower jars you had decorating your goodbye party. A always had a thing for presents. (via A Bubbly Life)
Looking for more party ideas? Be sure to follow us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.