12 Apps That’ll Help You Organize *Everything*
With the new year already underway, now is a great time to start getting organized. Even though we love planning out our lives in our paper planner, we also need some organization hacks on-the-go… both for our digital lives and our real lives. That’s why we’re super excited to share our top apps for organizing our ish — from passwords to family life to must-reads.
Apps for Organizing Your Digital Life
2. Notion Email Intelligence: A messy inbox can really slow down your productivity. This cool email organizer learns from your behavior to make your most important emails stand out. The rest (spam, shopping coupons, etc.) are grouped together for a faster clean up.
3. Unroll.Me: While we LOVE subscribing to our fave companies’ newsletters, sometimes it can be a tad annoying going through 20+ of them every damn day. With this cool app, you can easily unsubscribe to unwanted newsletters and compile all your favorites into one convenient daily digest.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. Documents 5: Organizing documents on-the-go can be a pain in the butt… that is, until you download this neat app. With the ability to read, listen, view and annotate almost EVERYTHING, it’s the perfect way to get organized for the new year.
DL It: Free on iOS
5. Simpler: Say goodbye to the days of duplicate contacts. This free app merges all your duplicate phone contacts with a single tap. Plus, you can back up your contacts and do a quick search too. Score!
6. Pocket: Reading articles online is great… but organizing them can definitely clutter your bookmark bar. That’s what makes this app so genius. Pocket is a place to quickly save, discover and recommend new stories that you find just about anywhere — Sarari, Twitter, Flipboard… you name it!
7. Todoist: Whatever’s on your to-do list, this handy app will help you check it ALL off. You can organize and keep track of projects, quickly view and prioritize tasks, assign due dates and share your lists with all your peeps for easy collaboration.
Apps for Organizing Your IRL Schedule
8. Taskrabbit: Let’s be honest: Finding the time to put together that pesky IKEA furniture just isn’t going to happen in our busy girlboss schedule. For those days when you need a quick hand, try hiring a Tasker to do the work for you. From handywoman jobs to organizing EVERYTHING, there’s a Tasker out there ready to tackle all of your dirty work.
9. 24me: This app puts your calendars, to-do lists, notes and personal accounts all in one place. It reminds you about what is coming up next and automatically takes care of things like bills for you — just like a real personal assistant! Heck, it even alerts you about the right time to leave for your midday meeting based on traffic conditions. The only thing it won’t do for you is get your Starbucks…
10. Remember the Milk: For the lady who always has at least three to-do lists on the go, this convenient app is definitely a must-download. Get reminded of your lists via email, text, IM or Twitter, share your lists with others and organize it the way you like (by priority, due date, tags, etc.).
11. Picniic: If you need a good family organizer, look no further. Picniic is a sweet new app where all of your tech-savvy fam jam can access and update each other’s daily events. With a shared family calendar, shopping lists, family locator and medical records all included in one place, it’s the perfect thing to manage your family life for 2017.
12. Shifty: Whether you’re a doctor, nurse, construction worker or retail lady, this app is great for anyone doing shift work. Unlike ordinary calendars, Shifty makes it super easy to plug in your ever-changing sched. Simply tap to mark your work days and export shifts all at once with the same start and end times.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.