Your weekly GNO is the ideal opportunity to kick back, relax, and let your sartorial sensibilities shine through. LBDs are standard fare as far as after-hours shenanigans are concerned, but they just don’t boast the street style power that you’re after. With so many other options out there — jumpsuits, metallic minis, and OTT denim — why limit yourself to the expected? Whether you’re a lazy girl at heart or a burgeoning Instababe with a penchant for all things monochromatic, the 14 outfit ideas below will redefine the way you do girls’-night-out attire.
1. Sophisticated Jumpsuit: Nothing says fancy lady quite like a streamlined jumpsuit. Do like Parisienne blogger Kenza Sadoun-el Glaoui and team a luxe satin or silk style with metallic kicks and a sleek ‘do for after-work cocktails or swanky Saturday night dinner plans with your crew.
2. Slinky Sequins: Bring your A-game a la Cara Santana in a daring open-back top with a silvery sequin-studded finish. Paired with black denim and a sassy pair of stilettos, it makes for a jaw-dropping getup that’s guaranteed to make even the disco ball jealous.
3. Souped-Up Basics: Whoever said you can’t rock a tee and jeans for after-hours shenanigans obviously didn’t have much of an imagination. Monica Awe-Etuk proves that the flawless outfit formula can slay day or night with an asymmetric blouse and statement boyfriend jeans. Dial things up with chandelier earrings, an embellished cuff, and classic ankle-strap heels.
4. Sultry Suit: While blazers are the cornerstones of polished, professional ensembles, after dark they take on a sultry, sexy tone when styled with a low-cut cami (or without!) and a sleek belt. Keep the look from venturing into office-ready territory by pairing with flowy printed trousers and pointed-toe pumps.
5. Lingerie All Day: Take style cues from Instababe Marija and spice up a plain white tee with a slinky silk skirt and lingerie for a fuss-free ensemble that strikes the ultimate balance of effortlessness and elegance.
6. Think Pink: While you can never really go wrong with all-black-everything, dare to step outside your comfort zone by rockin’ a monochromatic look a la Pandora Sykes. Bold shades of pink put a panache-packed twist on a chic, ladylike ensemble. For a bit of girl-about-town flair, jazz things up with a statement sac and geometric jewelry.
7. ’70s Rock ‘n’ Roll: If GNO isn’t the perfect opportunity to go all-out, we don’t know what is. Tap into your inner Joan Jett with a pair of silvery trousers, a vintage band tee, choker, and leather jacket for a don’t-mess aesthetic that was practically made for intimate gigs and getting your groove on.
8. Jump on It: Make an entrance while exerting zero effort, like Tamu McPherson, with this dynamite duo that’s fit for casual and fancy fêtes alike. Dress it up with embellished block heels and a glitzy ear cuff, or play it cool with simple slides, a messy topknot, and a crossbody bag.
9. Glitzy Bomber and Jeans: On evenings where you just can’t even, this understatedly awesome getup is your best bet. Take daytime duds up a few notches with the addition of a sequin-studded bomber and a bold red lip, then proceed to take your place as the life of the partay.
10. Leather Skirt + Bodysuit: One word: BABE. A leather skirt is the essential after-hours piece, with its tough-girl ‘tude and hopelessly cool feel. Team that with a throw-on-and-go bodysuit and a stack of layering necklaces and you’ve got yourself the ideal ensemble for a buzzworthy concert or tapas out on the terrace.
11. Statement Sleeves: As if you needed another reason to fall head over heels for statement sleeves, here’s one more. Teamed with a pair of culottes and classic stilettos, they become the base for a killer desk-to-drinks look.
12. Cropped and Ready to Go: Equal parts elegant and edgy, this pseudo ’90s-inspired number is ideal for the girl who wants to make a statement without betraying her refined sense of style. Tailored wide-leg trousers, v-shaped heels, statement earrings, and a midriff-bearing crop top boast all the makings of a seriously showstopping GNO ensemble.
13. Slip Up: It’s a dress, yes, but this carefree Kate Moss-inspired look is the opposite of stuffy. Worn with a simple tee, Western belt, and ankle boots, it gives off major It-girl vibes, but comes together in five minutes flat. Top it off with an embellished denim jacket, don’t-care hair, and celestial earrings for the ultimate dressed-up-dressed-down getup.
14. Slay-worthy Black Jumpsuit: Fabulous and fussy is how you like to roll, and this simple-yet-snazzy number is prime party material. Styled alongside a metallic belt, classic pumps, and a distressed denim jacket, the streamlined jumpsuit strikes the perfect balance between downtown cool and uptown elegance.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.