15 DIY Pet Beds That Actually Fit in With Your Decor
We love our pets. In fact, there’s a pack of pups that spends most of their days here at Brit HQ. But let’s get real, some of the pet beds available in retail today don’t necessarily go with our decor. The easiest solution is DIY pet beds that you can personalize yourself. So whether your decor is boho-chic or mid-century modern, you can make a pet bed that’s perfect for your home. Pamper your pooch (or cat!) with a super-fun pet bed you can make yourself.
1. Minimalistic Dog Bed DIY: This dog bed is perfect for you and your minimalistic pooch. This DIY is a little more advanced — but luckily for you, these blogger’s instructions are super easy to follow. You can add a personalized touch by adding a nameplate to your dog house or bed. (via VTWONEN)
2. DIY $12 Pet Bed: A wooden dog bed like this has a traditional and rustic kind of look. You can add a pop of color to this dog bed by inserting blankets or pillows in bright shades of pink, green or blue. (via Shanty 2 Chic)
3. Mid-Century DIY Mod Pet: If mid-century modern is more your style, try making this adorable dog bed. With $50 and crafty carpentry skills, you can make this pet bed for your favorite four-legged friend. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. DIY End Table Pet Bed: Avoid lint rolling and vacuuming your couch by making your pet their very own built-in bed. This cozy and contemporary DIY is perfect if you need a new side table or nightstand, especially since you can color-coordinate the pillow to complement your decor style. (via DIY Network)
5. Modern Striped DIY Bed: Your pet can lounge in style with this DIY striped dog bed. Make sure you purchase durable (outdoor) fabric and include a paint coat that won’t fade due to various weather conditions. (via Centsational Girl)
6. DIY Chair Dog Bed: A fun way to go above and beyond for your furry BFF is to make him/her a personalized bed and toy station. Consider upcycling your DIY just like this blogger did by giving new life to a rickety old chair. (via Home Remedies RX)
8. Recycled Tire Dog Bed: Make sure your dog’s bed is one-of-a-kind with a personalized and bright DIY. Plus, you’ll be helping the environment by upcycling this old tire. (via Practically Functional)
9. Geometric DIY Dog Bed: Channel your artistic side with this contemporary geometric dog bed. If you’re short on space, this can also serve as the perfect nightstand or side table. (via Adorable Home)
10. Mid-Century Modern Pet Bed DIY: Bring the mid-century modern style to your home with an alternative DIY dog bed. The progressive design stands out from traditional beds, which makes it ideal for stylish dog parents. (via Our Nerd Home)
11. Office for Everyone: If your furry kids like to follow you around, give them personalized dog beds that match your interior style. This blogger did just that by creating colorful pet beds to match her home office decor. (via House of Turquoise).
13. Fabric Pet Sofa DIY: If you’d rather save the pop of color for something other than a rug, go for this fun and bright dog bed. As pretty as it is, it’s knowing how unbelievably comfy your dog will be sinking into the plush bed that’ll motivate you to make this DIY. (via FAB DIY)
14. Rustic Farmhouse DIY Dog Bed: There isn’t a pooch out there that wouldn’t want to take a nap on top of a “king sized” dog bed. Trust us — your pooch will appreciate the extra fluff and comfortable sleeping space. (via Ruggy DIY)
15. Suitcase DIY Pet Bed: Give the sewing machine a rest and go retro with a fun and bright travel-inspired pet bed. This suitcase dog bed will stand out and give off some major ’70s vibes in your home. (via My So Called Crafty Life)
Are you planning on trying any of these cool DIY dog beds? If you’re looking for more ideas like this, follow us on Pinterest for even more tips and inspo.