18 Colorful Ideas for Your Lisa Frank-Inspired 30th Birthday Party
Ever since news broke about the Lisa Frank adult coloring book, LF fans have loved reminiscing over those rainbow-obsessed tween days. If you’re a fan of the beloved brand and are about to take the next step of adulthood (turning 30!!!), there’s no better way to celebrate than by throwing an epic throwback 30th inspired by the one and only Lisa Frank. Channel your favorite LF characters (i.e. Spotty and Dotty Paws, Panda Painter, Roxi & Rollie, etc.) by turning your big 3-0 into a nostalgic trip down memory lane. Indulge in Lisa Frank cakes, test your fortune with the Lisa Frank Tarot Deck and revel in the *awesome* rainbow decorations this party will definitely have. Scroll on for 18 ways to throw the best Lisa Frank birthday party EVER.
For some of us, hearing zebra cakes might bring about nostalgic reminiscing. Luckily, it’s not too late if you haven’t yet tried them. Just whip up a batch of these colorful Lisa Frank-inspired zebra cakes that are as pretty as they are tasty.(via Studio DIY)
Dress to impress with these stylish Lisa Frank-inspired costumes. Go with ‘Markie the Unicorn or Spotty or Dotty, and your friends are bound to be majorly impressed. (via Studio DIY)
3. Lisa Frank Stickers ($5): One can never have too many stickers. Featuring over 500 colorful stickers, this Lisa Frank sticker pad is a party must-have. Personalize your phone case, notebook and whatever else you can think of!
4. Lisa Frank Inspired Mani: Bring the color explosion to your very fingertips with this fun and fab mani. Save it for yourself or turn it into a mani sesh with your friends.
5. Lisa Frank Design Your Own Bracelets ($13): This DIY activity is one to be enjoyed with all your friends. You can create your unique design by choosing from 207 sticker gems, 196 crystal stickers and four double-sided bracelets. Now that’s a lot of bling!
View this post on Instagram
I love all the anniversary love, and @whattamani's mani is no exception!!!! 💖💖💖💖💖😍😍😍😍😍 ・・・ A repost of a mani from last year in honor of @shinesparkpolish 's 1 year anniversary. I bought the 90's Kid Collection on the day Shinespark was launched and used them to do this Lisa Frank inspired mani. 😊❤️💜💙💚💛 #bhbnails #shinesparkpolish #lisafrank #lisafrankmani #notd #nails #indiepolish #indiepolishlove #indiesdoitbetter #nailart #nailporn #nailswag #nailstagram #nailstamping #gradientnails #alltheprettynails #cutenails #nailartoohlala
A post shared by Shinespark Polish (@shinesparkpolish) on
6. OhhHowCharming Rainbow Tissue Tassel Garland ($19+): Garlands are a fail-safe way to liven up any party. Drape this charming rainbow tassel garland on the wall, from the ceiling or even across the length of a table for instant *WOW* factor.
7. BalloonandPaper Rainbow Unicorn Piñata ($55+): This Markie the Unicorn piñata isn’t just a child’s plaything. Use it as a backdrop sprucer-upper or even as an epic table centerpiece.
8. mapetitefete Rainbow Striped Straws ($5): Give those drinks a festive flair with these striped straws available in an array of colors. Simple and effective, these bold straws will save you the time and trouble of making your own elaborate drink stirrers.
before the party to avoid getting swarmed with requests.
Gorgeous as it is delicious, this Champagne float might have your guests thinking they died and went to heaven. Made of rainbow sorbet and sparkling wine, this heavenly concoction is one you’ll definitely have to serve at your party. (via The Bewitchin’ Kitchen)
If you’re all about that DIY party life, then check out these fun tasseled drink stirrers. To make these sweet stirrers, you’ll need gold mylar shred, crepe paper streamers, bamboo skewers and double-sided tape. (via Hand Crafted Parties / Sweetly Chic)
Don’t freak out, but there IS such a thing as edible food coloring mist. It’s a godsend for those of us who are suckers for quick-and-easy projects. (via Aww, Sam)
13. Lisa Frank Rainbow Unicorn Balloon ($10): Bring a little magic to the festivities with this unicorn balloon. Use it to complete your photo booth or tie a tassel garland from it — the possibilities are endless!
needs a festive birthday sign. Make sure yours is on point with this colorful banner.
15. Lisa Frank Portable Bluetooth Speaker ($15): Music is a pretty big deal when throwing a successful party. Make sure you have the means to blast out your favorite tunes with this portable bluetooth speaker that’ll give you all the throwback feels.
How fun are these rainbow leopard cookies??? Not gonna lie — making these will require time and piping skills, but if you’re up for the challenge, more power to ya! If you’re running short on time, you can always opt for similar store-bought cookies. (via SweetAmbs)
Thanks to artist Ariel Hart, everyone’s inner tween girl wishes have just been answered. If you head over to The Huffington Post, you can print out the entirety of Hart’s Lisa Frank Tarot Deck creation. With this whimsical deck in hand, you’ll be able to read your friends’ energies and determine their fates with all their favorite childhood Lisa Frank characters. (via Ariel Hart / The Huffington Post)
18. Lisa Frank Rainbow Majesty Temporary Tattoos ($14): Stickers are fun, but if you’re looking for something to stick around a little longer, you’ll love these temporary tattoos. Introduce these puppies early on, so each of you can show off your favorite tattoos all party long.