20 Haute Chevron Housewares
Dating back to shields bore by knights in Normandy all the way to hundreds of aptly named gas stations, the pattern of chevron has long been present in our visual vocabulary. Since we’ve already mastered the art of finding, making, and braiding chevron wearables, it’s time to serve up 20 haute housewares featuring our favorite geometric print.
1. Grey Chevron Drawer Liners ($25): Oh, the lost art of drawer liners. Do you remember the floral Laura Ashley set you had when you were in 3rd grade? We do, and we love this metallic update. Opening a drawer has never felt so hip.
2. Cailfornia Whiskey Flask ($19): Show your state pride and love of brightly colored geometry with this convenient and devilish hip flask. If whiskey’s not your jam, might we suggest a spot of Smirnoff Marshmallow Fluff Vodka? We promise no one will know, but they’ll wonder who smells amazingly like s’mores. ;)
3. Sereno Napkin – Set of 2 ($40): Bearing a decidedly Southwestern palette, these napkins take chevron to a more tribal-looking level, and would look perfect on a rustic dining table made of reclaimed wood.
4. Chevron Drum Shade Pendant ($149): Illuminate your studio apartment with this pretty pendant shade. Great for a minimalist design aesthetic, this shade contains just the right amount of flair.
5. Desert Chevron Wallpaper ($99): Thinking of creating a desert meets outer space themed room in your next apartment? With 11 yards of this vinyl, self-adhesive paper the possibilities are pretty endless. We love the idea of creating custom trays, drawer liners, decorating shelves and more with this playful print.
6. Chevron Apron ($30): Both a kitchen essential and a wearable, aprons, in general, are one of our favorite items to get playful with. This gorgeous full-coverage number is perfect for a stylish hostess who tends to keep preparing food, even after guests arrive.
7. Table Runner ($30): Bonus points for the hostess who just happens to match her dinner table linens. Take this look to the next level with a set of napkins to match.
8. Chevron Dinner Plates – Set of 2 ($48): And speaking of dinner, snag a pair of these fun plates, perfect as accent pieces or hors d’oeuvres plates.
9. Buckley Chevron Berry Bowl ($68): A gorgeous piece just begging to be filled with raspberries and cream, the top edge of each Buckley Bowl is rimmed in a 14K gold luster, giving it a perfect dose of decadence.
11. Tangerine and Gray Linen Pillow ($38): This hand printed pillow has just the right amount of handmade touch to it, and beautifully combines a warm painterly tone with a geometric print.
12. Chevron Throw ($135): This makes us think of cold fall days when all you want to do is snuggle up with a good book. The navy throw casts a definite nautical tone, and would look great as an accent piece to any living room or den. Best of all, the materials used are all unique re-spun fibers, meaning you can feel good about going green while getting cozy.
13. Chevron Trays ($95): When’s the last time someone brought you breakfast in bed? Well, we’ve got just for the tray to bring the breakfast gesture back in style. Add a monogram (+ $20.00) for a personalized gift for just about any occasion.
15. Round Glass & Metal Knob ($6): And coming back to the topic of jazzing up your drawers, if you’ve got a well-weathered dresser or some rather boring honey-colored cabinet doors, add a zig zag of pizzazz with this colorful satin nickel knob.
16. Zigzag Rug ($49 – $699): Yes. We own this and you may have seen its black and white cousin in photographs of Brit HQ. Available in a variety of sizes, add a little chevron to your floors and warmth to your feet.
18. Chevron Lamp Shade (available at Target): Or perhaps its your bedside table that’s looking for a little bling by way of chevron?
19. Zigzag Floor Pouf ($249): Confession: We LOVE floor poufs. What an easy way to add a pop of color or pattern to any room in your house while also providing additional seating for all those impromptu game nights. This pouf, in particular, could be just the update your living room needs.
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.