From cool couches to candy cookies, this week is all about movies, vegging out, and getting cozy. How can you properly get all snuggled up without some good looking pillows?
Here are 20 DIY pillow projects to add to your homespun home decor to-do list. Stay tuned for our own pillow tricks later this week!
1. Shag Pillow: We told you shag is back! You could even use old stretched out t-shirts to recreate this bright cheerful look. (via V and Co.)
2. Simple Embellishments: Sometimes all you need is a simple little something. Go for felt triangles or grainy painted stripes and a plain old throw pillow becomes your unique creation. (via Creature Comforts)
3. Sequin Skirt Pillow: Loving the before and after on this! Repurpose that old New Year’s Eve frock into a party-ready pillow. (via My Sister’s Suitcase)
4. Sweater Pillows: So. Much. Coziness. (via Brassy Apple)
5. Motivational Pillows: We’re definitely swooning over all three quotes on these pillows: Do What You Love, Live Your Dream, and Start Creating. Words to live by. (via 101 Woonideen)
6. Geeky Guest Pillows: The bedroom is, after all, where you power down at the end of the day. (via Brit + Co.)
7. Stamped Pillows: This tutorial shows you how to create your own stamps and use them for a whole set of accent pillows. Love it. (via 101 Woonideen)
8. Felt Flower Pillow: Next time you’re watching a movie, why not cut out a whole bunch of felt petals? ;) (via Fab You Bliss)
9. Pillow Pets: How amazing are these? Iron-on transfer paper is always for the win, especially when it comes to photos of bunnies. (via Go Make Me)
10. No-Sew Whale Pillow: This little whale patches were created by painting onto canvas, then cutting, and using fabric glue to attach to existing pillows. (via Alisa Burke)
11. Josef Albers-Inspired Art Pillows: Speaking of treating pillows as works of art, we’re loving these artful pillows inspired by Josef Albers. (via Design*Sponge)
12. Word Stencil Pillow: Grab a stencil and Sharpie and get wordy with it. Yes. Get wordy with it. (via Wit & Whistle)
13. Freezer Paper Printed Pillows: Did you know you can use freezer paper to create your own at-home screen printing setup? (via Brit + Co.)
14. Felt Message Pillow: Print out a word of your choice, cut out in felt, and either sew or use fabric glue to attach. Nice and easy. (via E Tells Tales)
15. Buttoned-Up Pillows: Now that is a pretty darn cute way to repurpose a men’s shirt, don’t you think? (via Country Living)
16. Mod Peacock Pillow: Another one that’s all about the felt, we love all the colors and shapes in on this peacock-inspired pillow. (via Positively Splendid)
17. Lace Pillow Case: Love the romantic vibe of this lacy one. (via By Wilma)
18. Big Bow Pillow: Put a bow on it!(via Say Yes to Hoboken)
19. Nature-Inspired Iron-Ons: You may remember this as part of our DIY photo projects roundup – it’s a great to put all those nature-filled photos on your phone to good use. (via BHG)
20. Glitter Heart Pillow: Glitter in a heart shape. ‘Nuff said. (via High on DIY)
Have you ever made your own pillows? We’d love to see photos! Send ’em our way by sharing a link in the comments below or via Twitter or Facebook.