These Are 2017’s Best-Selling Beauty Products on Amazon So Far
While we love Amazon for its ability to save the day when we run out of detergent or need to try mules for spring, we get a little lost when it comes to navigating their extensive, sometimes overwhelming, beauty department. They have nearly every brand we’ve ever heard — and countless more we’re still discovering. To help highlight the must-tries for this year, Brit + Co asked Amazon for the top-selling beauty products of 2017 (so far). And, based on what they revealed, clear skin and statement eye makeup are the year’s top trends.
Keep scrolling for a breakdown of the most popular beauty products that are flying off the virtual shelves at Amazon this year.
1. Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment Skin Protectant ($14): Sure, Aquaphor can heal seriously chapped lips and work wonders on dry cuticles, but it does more than hydrate parched skin. Our favorite winter use: Apply it to your feet at night, put on socks, and you’ll wake up with instantly smooth heels that are ready for sandal season.
2. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM ($8): With over 3,122 reviews on Amazon, this bestseller won’t clog pores and plumps up your skin thanks to hyaluronic acid and ceramides, a lipid that helps protect and hydrate. Since the lotion doesn’t contain SPF, you can add to your nighttime skincare routine.
3. e.l.f. Makeup Mist and Set ($6): A setting spray is a must-have if you’re, well, wearing makeup. This affordable version from e.l.f. gives your skin a bit of extra love with every spritz thanks to aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A, C, and E.
4. Q-tips Cotton Swabs ($12): Think beyond your ears when it comes to these swabs. Use them to smoke out your eye makeup or clean it up if you go overboard. Or reach for the lifesavers if you need to fix a DIY manicure.
5. Dove Nourishing Body Wash Sensitive Skin ($8): This body wash gently cleanses the skin without stripping it of natural oils — simple as that. Adding a handy pump to the mega 34-ounce size makes getting squeaky clean just a little easier.
6. Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo ($9): An itchy, dandruff-ridden scalp isn’t fun, which is why people can’t stop buying this shampoo from Nizoral. Over 2,230 customers have written reviews on Amazon singing its praises for keeping their scalp itch-free and clear of flakes.
7. Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips ($13): Yes, the pore strips of your teenage days are still a thing. And it’s no wonder: They’re effective (seriously, seeing the gunk they removed is so satisfying), affordable, and can be used by all skin types.
8. e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer ($6): Another hero product from e.l.f., this moisturizing primer fills in fine lines and gives your face a boost of vitamins that keeps everything looking plump and radiant.
9. Real Techniques 2 Miracle Complexion Sponges ($9): Whether you’re tapping on foundation or concealing your under-eye area, a damp makeup sponge can make a big difference in the way makeup looks applied to the skin. The flat base and pointed tip of these make them work beyond your base (think: highlighter, blush, and even shadow).
10. Proactiv 3 Step Acne Treatment System Starter Kit ($33): Nope, you don’t have to wait for an infomercial to come to snag this deal. The spot-clearing kit targets breakouts with a cleanser, toner, and treatment that heals and prevents flare-ups.
11. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes ($7): If you’re the sensitive (skin) type, reach for these wipes that remove everything from blush to waterproof mascara without irritating skin.
12. Pura D’or Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo ($32): Almost 9,000 (!) people have written reviews of the all-natural, anti-hair-loss shampoo that relies on red Korean seaweed and aloe vera to strengthen strands.
13. Wunder2 Wunderbrow 1-Step Brow Gel ($21): The good — scratch that, great — part about this brow product is that you won’t have to fill in your brows every single morning. It stays on without smudging or transferring even as you work out, shower, swim, and even sleep. When you’re ready, simply remove with an oil cleanser.
14. Bio-Oil ($13): While many love the non-greasy, hypoallergenic oil to help prevent and treat stretch marks, it works to even out the look and feel of your skin just about anywhere on your bod.
15. HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron ($38): This hot tool that boasts over 26,600 reviews comes with a glove, travel pouch, and mini leave-in oil treatment. You can use it as a straightener, or because of the curved edges, as a curling iron.
16. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara ($8) in Carbon Black: Who hasn’t had a love affair with this iconic L’Oreal product?! One sweep will leave your lashes thick and long, but it’s totally buildable, so three or four coats will give you major drama on the eyes.
17. Mario Badescu Skincare Drying Lotion ($17): A drying lotion is probably your BFF when your skin is angry at you. Just a dab of the powerful pink solution on a problem area can zap that zit overnight.
18. L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Nudes Eyeshadow Collection ($6): Natural hues like roses, pinks, mauves, and browns make this affordable palette a total winner when it comes to Amazon shoppers. It even comes with a two-sided brush that can also be used wet to make the darker eyeliners.
19. Thayers Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Formula ($9): With rose petal, vitamin E, and aloe vera, the oldie but goodie is so gentle on the skin that even people with the most sensitive, irritation-prone complexions can get behind it.
20. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($22): Mastering a variety of rad eyeliner looks — like the cat eye and the negative space trend — is totally doable with this easy-to-maneuver liner from Stila. Plus, the waterproof, budge-proof formula actually removes easily with a face wipe or cleanser.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)