When you think Amazon Prime, chances are you just think of free two-day shipping. Or maybe you think of Amazon Video. But as those who pay for the service will tell you, it is soooooo much more. If you’ve stopped yourself from signing up for a Prime account because you already pay for another streaming service, we’ve got news for you. Basically, just imagine if your Netflix account could get you lunch and discounts on new clothes and you’ll start to get an idea of what we’re talking about. Here is everything an Amazon Prime account will now get you.
1. Movies and Shows: You probably already know about this. This may be all that you think an Amazon Prime membership gets you. Honestly, that would make sense. $10 per month is not much to pay for the vast troves of material in the Amazon library, but there is so so so much more.
2. Original Series: Here’s our favorite reason to sign up for Prime: The original content is KICKASS. There are amazing shows from the UK that are impossible to find anywhere else (do yourself a favor and watch Fleabag ASAP), the hit show Transparent and even an original movie about a weiner-dog that stars Danny DeVito and Greta Gerwig.
3. Books and Mags: Amazon just announced that there’s a whole section of the Kindle store that’s now completely free for Prime members. There you can get the latest issue of Vogue or download a classic book to curl up with. And every month, Prime members will be able to choose one free book out of six great ones chosen by Kindle editors.
4. Music: We’re avid Prime users and the fact that we can stream music for free was news to us. You can listen to specific songs (there are over 2 million to choose from!) or find your new favorite beats with Prime’s radio stations. You’ll also get access to exclusive Audible channels so you can discover new audiobooks and podcasts for free.
5. Prime Photos: If you’re running out of room on your phone because you take too many pictures, store them to Amazon. You get free UNLIMITED space for your pics and can share it with up to five other people.
6. Prime Now: Select cities in the US offer one-hour shipping on certain items for Amazon Prime members. If you need something and you need it now but don’t want to leave the house, this is the perk for you. They’re even delivering your lunch now too.
7. Discounts and Deals: And when you’re a Prime member, you get early access to sales and cash back when you use the prime-exclusive card. If you’ve got a family, a Prime membership will get you big discounts on diaper subscriptions and other items for your baby. If you’re a gamer, Prime will get you discounts on devices and new releases. And if you own an Amazon Alexa device, you’ll be able to use her to shop with your voice. It’s a perk that only Prime members have.
Membership for Amazon Prime is either $99 for an entire year or $10.99/month. Is your credit card at the ready?
Are you signed up yet? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.