24 Bright + Colorful Wedding Ideas to Save for Spring
Knot-tying season may be a ways away, but really, it’s *never* too early to start planning for your special day. If the winter blues have got you down, this change of scenery might do you some good! Take a look at some of our favorite colorful spring wedding ideas to lift your spirits and get you even more psyched for the changing of seasons. Think: big multi-colored balloons, bountiful blooms and bright, bold prints. Scroll on for all 24 spring wedding ideas to add a bright burst of color to your big day!
1. Rainbow Bouquet: Not sure about what type of blooms you’ll be holding as you take a walk down the aisle? No worries. Go with an eclectic bunch, making sure to hit all shades of the rainbow. (via Lara Hotz / Ruffled)
2. DIY Rainbow Honeycomb Place Cards: Take your place card to the next level with this adorable honeycomb DIY. All you need are rainbow honeycomb mini balls, white cardstock and watercolor paints. (via Oh Happy Day)
3. DIY Balloon Arch: There aren’t many things that can pack a visual wow factor quite like a balloon arch. Create a grand entrance or take your dessert table decor to new heights with this fancy DIY. (via The House That Lars Built)
4. DIY Rainbow Paper Mobile: Bring a whimsical touch to your wedding decor with rainbow mobiles. They’ll flit and flutter in the breeze while hanging over your dance floor. They’re a cinch to make, if you have cardstock and a sewing machine. (via Oh Happy Day)
5. Ribbon Wrapped Air Plant Boutonnieres: Spruce up your wedding party’s attire with bright boutonnieres. Get this festive look using strips of patterned fabric or ribbon, air plants and mini blooms. (via Lauren Fair Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
6. Giant Multi-Colored Balloons: If you’re a bride who’s all about the “go big or go home” approach, these *GIANT* balloons are calling your name. Hang a load of multicolored tassels to your mini blimps and you’re all set! (via Faye Cornhill / Rock My Wedding)
7. Hanging Geometric Paper Backdrop: Turn any empty space into an explosion of color and glitter with this creative geometric paper backdrop idea. Add some string lights to make things even brighter! (via Izzy Hudgins / Ruffled)
8. Bright + Bold Table Runner: No need to invest in an elaborate centerpiece display when you’ve got an uber stylish table runner. Just finish off the look with fresh blooms that are as bright as your runner! (via Katie Nesbitt Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
9. Paper Flower Ceremony Arch: Sharing your first kiss as a married couple is a *pretty* memorable moment. Make sure your setting, or ceremony arch, is looking its best with gorgeous paper blooms for when the photographer captures that picture-perfect moment. (via Ben Q. Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
10. Bright Bridesmaid Dresses: Bright colors shouldn’t scare you off, so why not go bold with neon coral bridesmaid dresses. Choose a uniform look or break it up with varying shades of the spring-appropriate hue. (via David Pascolla / Ruffled)
11. Bright Groomsmen Attire: A bowtie and suspenders combo is already pretty dapper, but now you can take it even further with a bright pop of color. Go with a mint and silver pairing to ensure the groomsmen stay looking their best. (via Laurelyn Savannah Photography / Project Wedding)
12. Colorful Geo Wedding Invitations: Make sure guests get the memo (about your wedding being an explosion of color) with these colorful geometric-inspired wedding invitations. For extra festive flair, add rainbow confetti inside the envelopes. (via Pabelona Studio / Brooklyn Bride)
13. Bright and Modern Honeycomb Garland: There’s no such thing as too many honeycombs. Using a variety of sizes and colors, turn your honeycombs into a decorative garland to jazz up any space that’s a little lacking. (via Scott Clark Photo / 100 Layer Cake)
14. Confetti Cones: Confetti makes any celebration 10 times better. To ensure a proper sendoff, hand these DIY confetti cones out to guests before you and the beau make your way to the getaway car. (via Isabelle Selby Photography / The Chickabug Blog)
16. Gold + Floral Cake: If you’re looking for a cake that screams delicate and/or elegant, these gold and floral tiers are everything. The blend of metallic gold, soft watercolor and fresh blooms is *almost* too perfect. (via MODwedding)
17. Hanging Floral Garlands: Amp up the romantic vibes with hanging floral garlands. Drape them across the bar, behind the altar and wherever else you think can do with some sprucing up! (via Robert Wright / The New York Times)
18. Mismatched Groomsmen Attire: Mismatched bridesmaid dresses are totally a thing, so why not try the trend with your groomsmen? Go with a subtle seersucker suit with a striped nautical-inspired tie for a similarly spiffy look. (via Kristyn Hogan / Southern Weddings)
19. Neon Paper Chair Decorations: Rather than going the traditional route of cloth or ribbons, decorate the backs of your chairs with neon paper pinwheels. They’re *the* fun and budget-friendly decor option to bring to your wedding. (via Amanda Watson / Ruffled)
20. DIY Rainbow Pom Pom Cake Topper: There’s no need to spend a pretty penny for a pretty cake. Just add this DIY rainbow pom-pom cake topper on top of your plain white cake! (via The Casual Craftlete)
21. Rainbow Ceremony Backdrop: Don’t cut the color short when you reach the altar! Keep your runner going on up the wall for a statement-worthy ceremony backdrop. (via Style Me Pretty)
22. DHGate Thigh-High Slits Printed Bridesmaid Dresses ($70+): No need to get lost in the racks looking for the *perfect* bridesmaid dress. These striking floral options are just the frocks your gals should rock to complement your spring wedding dress.
23. Aisle of Hearts: Line the aisle with DIY paper hearts. It’s a cheap, chic and colorful way to turn up the romance. (via Caitlin Thomas Photography)
24. Cocktail + Confectionary Station: Combine signature wedding cocktails with delicious donuts without holding back on color. Opt for an assortment of rainbow glazed donuts, bright barware and a variety of juices. (via Scott Clark Photo / 100 Layer Cake)
Which of these colorful looks do you plan on bringing to your spring wedding? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.