24 Super Chic Holiday Gift Ideas for the Minimalist Hostess
Minimalists are all about the simple and sleek things in life, with the occasional touch of sophistication. If that sounds like your hostess friend, get her a gift this holiday season that appeals to her minimalist sensibilities. Think less-is-more with modern metallic accents and pops of marble. Scroll on to find the *perfect* minimal gift for your favorite holiday hostess.
1. Poketo Triangle Coin Purse ($34): Whether it’s loose change or her makeup essentials, a coin purse is sure to come in handy. Gift her this minimal one that’ll make rummaging through her purse a thing of the past.
2. Poketo Daily Weekly Monthly Planner in Gold Lines ($34): Appease the perfectionist in your life with this detailed planner that features pages designed for efficient monthly and weekly planning. It’s made in an open-dated style so she can start using it whenever!
3. Carter Kostler Flavor Fusion Water Bottle ($20): Help satisfy her sweet tooth cravings with this bottle that’ll allow her to infuse her water with flavorful fruits or herbs. All she’ll need to do is place the fruits/herbs in the lower compartment and fill the bottle with water.
4. Uncommon Goods Caterpillar Bud Vase ($20+): Spring may be a ways off, but fill up this caterpillar bud vase with fresh blooms and your hostess friend will come down with a case of *spring fever.* The unique row of glass bubbles makes a statement, while creating a delicate centerpiece your minimalist friend can appreciate.
5. Rifle Paper Co. Novel 2017 Agenda ($30): As 2016 comes to a close, it’s time to get ready for what the new year holds. Prep the compulsive planner in your life with this pretty pink organizer.
6. Freyrs Addison Silver Sunglasses ($40): Keep your fashionista on top of her eyewear game with this pair of sunglasses. Thanks to these stylish shades and your *thoughtfulness,* she’ll be able to stay cool no matter what season.
7. Modcloth Twine After Time Photo Display ($18): Some of the most special memories are made during the holidays. So let her show off her favorite snapshots from this season with this tabletop display.
8. Flowie Style Tulip Tote ($138): Totes are a great gift for a hostess on the go. Gift her this pretty scalloped one she can throw her daily essentials in and take everywhere.
9. BOWER Tipsy Writer ($30): Keep your friend entertained at work with this tipsy writer ball that rolls around while staying upright. The pen holder, made of solid turned brass and maple, comes with a black ink click pen.
10. Heather and Myles Geyman Bedside Smartphone Vase ($32): She won’t need to worry about a dying battery with this handy smartphone vase. The innovative design of the phone dock lets her charge her phone while fitting in seamlessly with her chic home interior.
11. LEIF Shop Blinking Eyes Clutch ($45): Gift the quirky hostess this unique clutch that’s decked out in an all-seeing eye pattern. Though a fun pattern, its nude and black print keeps the overall look subdued.
12. LEIF Shop Wood and Marble Hexagon Coaster Set ($38, set of four): Share a cup of coffee or tea with your gal pal by gifting her these super chic wood and marble coasters. Symmetrically split, these mixed material coasters show off a stylish modern geometric form.
13. Modcloth Perfect Punctuation Earring Set ($20): She’ll be able to dress up or dress down these versatile earrings. And if she’s one for modern metallics, this collection of gold, silver and rose gold studs won’t disappoint.
14. Herbivore Botanicals Pink Clay Exfoliating Mask ($22): Help your girl out on her way to better skin with this gentle exfoliating mask from Herbivore Botanicals. Made by hand with love, this beautifying mask is a must if her skin could do with some TLC.
15. LEIF Shop Balancing Honey Facial Cleanser ($24): Pamper her skin with this gentle, non-lathering cleanser. Naturally antibacterial, the honey-infused serum will deeply cleanse without stripping her skin.
16. imm Living Lucky Break Collection Wishbone Ring Holder ($46): Play up those post-Thanksgiving vibes with this wishbone-inspired ring holder. She’ll be able to keep her favorite jewelry pieces organized in one place thanks to this chic dish.
17. Caeden Linea N°2 In-Ear Headphones ($80): You can’t go wrong with a gift that’s pretty *and* practical. Take this fancy pair of faceted rose gold headphones. Sure, they look more like jewelry than actual tech, but chances are your friend won’t mind.
18. imm Living Jarvis Marble Travel Mug ($25): Gift the coffee-lover in your life this stylish travel mug. No doubt it’ll have her work friends dying to know where she got such unique drinkware.
19. WKNDLA Wall Hanging ($80+): Break up the traditional red and green decor this winter with a pink wall hanging. It’ll appeal to her love of trendy woven art and cozy winter knits.
20. Modcloth Prop ‘Til You Drop Tablet Stand ($20): Keep her tablet propped up safely with this trusty stand that includes a non-slip silicone grip. Ideal for multi-taskers or the occasional klutz, this tablet stand makes the perfect display for her tablet no matter what she’s doing.
21. Everli Jewelry Magnet Ear Cuff ($30): If your hostess isn’t one to rock huge gems on her earlobes, a simple gold ear cuff is the accessory she can wear every day. Plus it’s so minimal and dainty, she’ll be able to pull it off for any occasion or with any outfit.
22. VOID Watches PXR-5 Digital Watch ($155): It may be *time* to step up your girl friend’s accessory game with this sleek and stylish number. Conceived in Sweden, this stainless steel and digital LCD pairing is a minimalist must-have.
23. Anthropologie Gilded Greetings Cheese Board ($58): If you know a hostess who loves nothing more than wine and cheese pairings, this gift may be the one for them. Brighten up their kitchen with this elegant marble and brass cheese board that’ll make them grin.
24. Urban Outfitters Crystal Bottle Stopper ($20): This elegant crystal stopper is an easy holiday favorite for any wine-loving hostess. Help her style her dinner party, brighten up her kitchen and encourage many more visits to the bottle. ;)
Which of these gifts would your minimalist friend love? Follow us on Pinterest for more holiday gift ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)