As we head into this three-day weekend, we’d love to take a moment and just think about 2017 so far. No, not what’s been happening in the world, but rather what’s been happening with ourselves. We’re midway through the second month of the year and thinking back to January 1 and our new year’s resolutions. And — we hate to admit it — we are not neeeearly as far along in our goals as we said we would like to be.
So we’re making a new President’s Day resolution to get back in the swing of making things better. And, as always, luckily we’ve got technology to help us out. Here we’ve got five brand-new apps that will help slay the days, weeks and months ahead. Don’t worry — we’ll be checking in on you.
1. VINA: Make some rad new lady friends with this app specifically designed to link women up with other awesome, like-minded women. You answer some questions about yourself and what you’re looking for in a friend, and then the app will make the introduction. You’ll be grabbing coffee or drinks with your new BFF ASAP.
DL It: Free on iOS
2. Lokeley: Discover new places around your town with new friends. Follow people who have the same tastes you do (and local experts), and ask them where in town you can find the best dive bar or taco truck or hair salon or whatever you’re looking for.
3. Alder: Focus your political action in this handy new app that will tell you one thing you can do to be more politically active every day. Whether that’s a tweet or a reminder to call your senator about a specific issue, this app will help you focus on the issues you want to focus on — without getting overwhelmed by EVERYTHING happening all at once. And bonus: When you buy the app, the money gets put forward via donations for Planned Parenthood, ACLU, NAACP, Electronic Frontier Foundation or The Natural Resource Defense Council.
DL It: $1.99 on iOS
4. Daylight: Our favorite thing about spring — bar none — is that the days get longer and sunnier. Keep track of just how much more sunlight we get every day with this simple (but kinda genius) app. Plus, it will let you know the exact time of sunrises and sunsets to help you plan your day.
5. EatHealthy Tracker: Not all food trackers are created equally. We love this one for its clean interface and its approach to *healthy eating* over weight loss or dieting. It’s the perfect app for people who could just stand to clean up their food act a bit.
DL It: Free on iOS
Which was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo!