The first leaves are beginning to turn, and we’re once again craving PSLs and swapping our flip-flops for over-the-knee boots. Fall is upon us, folks, and if you have a significant other, it’s probably putting you in a cozy, romantic mood. We love a sexy beach vacay as much as the next gal, but just because it’s sweater weather doesn’t mean you can’t have a romantic getaway with your S.O. Read on for five autumn-ready spots perfect for you and boo.
1. Tiger Hotel, Columbia, Missouri: There are two main advantages to running away to the Tiger Hotel: For one, it’s nestled in the heart of Columbia, a college town with equal parts spunk and charm. It also gives you and your S.O. easy access to the Katy hiking trails and Missouri Valley wine country. For Midwesterners, this spot is the perfect way to experience a quaint weekend among great wine, great food, and gorgeous nature. (Photo via Tiger Hotel)
2. Twin Farms, Barnard, Vermont: This all-inclusive resort has all the amenities you and your boo could dream of, especially if you’re a sporty couple. You’ll have access to canoeing, croquet, biking, fishing, hiking, and tennis, in addition to a full spa. Ranked highly by Travel + Leisure and Forbes, this getaway in the woods features cottages and a farmhouse, serving as the perfect lookout for the changing leaves. (Photo via Twin Farms)
3. Wickwood Inn, Saugatuck, Michigan: Anyone from Michigan will tell you that fall in the Great Lake State means apple picking, quaint town festivals, and a rainbow array of trees and wildlife. If you and your partner are looking to slow down this fall, pay the Wickwood Inn a visit. The Inn itself has a fabulous offering of food featuring local flavors, and the surrounding Saugatuck Dunes State Park is a great place to take in fall’s best sights. Pro tip: Head to nearby Crane’s farm for apple picking and incredible homemade pies. (Photo via Wickwood Inn)
4. The Historic Belton Chalet, West Glacier, Montana: Are you and bae dreaming of heading west on an autumn road trip? While in the Rockies, pay this National Historic Landmark Hotel a visit — as if the surrounding state park wasn’t enough of a draw, this rustic cabin will put you in the perfect romantic mood. (Photo via The Historic Belton Chalet)
5. Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls, Hocking Hills, Ohio: If the east is more your jam, bring your partner to this resort nestled in Hocking Hills State Park. Featuring a spa and an assemblage of cooking classes and workshops, the Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls is a great option for couples hoping to spend time outdoors and with each other during fall. (Photo via Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls)
Where are your favorite fall getaways? Let us know @BritandCo!