7 New Kickstarters to Treat Yourself With in the New Year
With a successful Christmas season now behind us, we’re already getting our butts in gear and starting to prep for the New Year. We’ve picked the perfect activity for New Year’s Eve, written out our resolutions and done a complete deep clean of our apartment (we even got around to washing our nasty makeup brushes). Now with some time to finally kick back, we thought we would treat ourselves by browsing through the latest Kickstarter and Indiegogo products that caught out eyes during Christmas… but we couldn’t buy for ourselves until we knew they weren’t waiting under the tree. Happy shopping!
We wouldn’t be surprised if these headphones were actually from the future (Doc Brown, is that you?). Designed for the fitness junkie, these in-ear wireless earbuds have the ability to track stats, coach you throughout your workout and, of course, play your sweet workout tunes.
2. BumpOut: If you thought that there couldn’t be any more innovation to the portable speaker, think again. BumpOut features a sleek design that fits comfortably in your pocket and is water resistant (AKA get ready for dance-worthy shower tunes!). But what’s most impressive is its ability to attach directly to your phone or laptop… for party jams on-the-go, duh.
3. Jungle Tea: Where are my tea ladies at? Lippia javanica and Fadogia ancylantha teas have been harvested in the jungles of Africa for thousands of years but have rarely made the trip overseas. Now with new research on their medicinal properties (they help sooth everything from arthritis to diabetes) the team behind Jungle Tea are finally bringing the delicious beverages to the US.
4. ikiPele: Cozy stargazing, outdoor lounging and s’more making are just some of the activities you can do when you get your hands on this cool tech. The ikiPele (which means small volcano in Hawaiian) is a sustainable pellet heater that uses CO2 neutral wood pellets to give you a cozy heater that’s safe for you AND the environment.
5. Air: With almost $3 million raised by 22,000 backers, it’s safe to say that the people LOVE this new product. Air is the first acoustic device in the world to implement carbon nanotube technology, which means you can charge it right in the sleek carrying case. It’s estimated to ship out in April, so it’s perfect for when you finally get fed up with your AirPods.
6. Stealth: Let’s be honest; ab day sucks. That’s what makes Stealth so genius: Instead of simply counting down the seconds until you’re finished, Steal makes you focus on an integrated mobile game while doing an elevated plank. All it takes is just three minutes a day to start strengthening your core… and beating your high score.