’80s Halloween Party Ideas That Are, Like, Totally Rad
It’s always fun to see the trendiest Halloween decor popping up all over Pinterest, but sometimes you just need the equivalent of a #ThrowbackThursday — and that’s where the ’80s come in. After all, it was the decade that gave us glow-in-the-dark paint, Pac-Man ghosts and, obviously, Michael Jackson’s Thriller. Talk about the ultimate party mix. You already have the best themed ’80s costume, so you know that channeling your favorite decade this Halloween is a surefire way to rock that childhood nostalgia in style. So scroll down for some ’80s Halloween party must-haves that are totally tubular.
1. Paper Built shop 1980s Party Invitation ($58): No one had email back then, so your invites better be sent via snail mail, complete with rad shades and playlist hints, of course.
2. DIY Halloween Straw Toppers: Classic sodas in a bottle mean tons of opportunities for straw toppers that impress. (via Delia Creates)
3. DIY Memphis Pumpkins: Neon party decor is a #throwback staple, so it’s only natural that you paint all your pumpkins to match. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
4. Love It Hang It Design Pacman Garland ($26): Finally, some cute ghosts for a change. What more can you ask for at a Halloween party?
5. DIY Monster Eye Wreath: Give your guests a hint at what they’re in for when they arrive. This googly eye wreath is versatile enough to go with even the creepiest (or fanciest!) Halloween decor. (via Dream Green DIY)
6. DIY Animal Leg Ladle: This serving essential is what happens when The Creature From the Black Lagoon stops off in 1985 to get a pink perm. (via Sugar & Cloth)
7. The Quirky Quail Printable ’80s Giant Car Photo Booth ($6): Miami Vice embodied the decade, and now your party can too.
8. DIY Flair Pumpkin: They’ve got spirit, yes they do. Who’s got flair? How about you? (via A Bubbly Life)
9. Pom-Pom Monster Cereal Treats: Brightly colored marshmallow treats? Sounds just like your sugar-filled childhood. (via Dream A Little Bigger)
10. DIY ’80s Cocktail Stirrers: You can serve all the spooky Thriller-inspired drinks you want. Just make sure guests have something to stir them with. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
11. Soiree Love Boombox Balloon ($7): Before Bluetooth speakers and streaming services, there was the boombox. While you’re definitely not going back to spinning 8-tracks, a little nostalgia never hurt the ambiance.
12. DIY Ghost Piñatas: They look like spookier versions of the ones in Pac-Man, so they’re basically a done deal. (via Make + Tell)
MORE IDEAS TO CONSIDER
13. DIY Disco Ball Costume: Set the mood for a sophisticated yet sparkly scene. If you’re looking for a brilliant maternity costume, this could be just the one you’re looking for. (via Studio DIY)
14. DIY Disco Ball Jack-o’-Lantern: This might be the most brilliant way to combine ’80s glam with Halloween decor. Peel up tiles to make a funny face, or draw one on with washi tape or black paint. (via A Bubbly Life)
15. DIY Gold Splatter Balloons: Pull a Bob Ross and make lots of pretty and happy, happy balloons. Splatter gold paint all over white, pink, and purple balloons for a fun DIY that makes a big statement. (via Studio DIY)
Are you ready to start planning a Halloween shindig? Follow us on Pinterest for more Halloween decor inspo and DIY projects.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.