30+ Halloween Costumes Perfect for People Who Love the ’80s
VH1 was on to something when they first created I Love the ’80s. As far as pop culture goes, this may have been *the* best decade yet. Who can forget iconic toys like My Little Pony, TV shows like Punky Brewster and computer games like Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? Channeling the ’80s this Halloween is a surefire way to rock that childhood nostalgia in style. Scroll on for some of our all-time faves.
1. DIY Lisa Frank Costume: Our Lisa Frank obsession will *never* end. This easy-peasy DIY will give you plenty of time to trade rainbow kitten stickers with your besties. Bonus points if you go all out with a group costume of your fave colorful creatures. (via Studio DIY)
9. Goblin King from Labyrinth: Is dressing up as David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King costume inception? You’ll have to try to find out. A crystal ball is most definitely required. (via @freethemusic)
11. 80’s Madonna: Dressing as the Material Girl never gets old. Case in point? Audrina Patridge’s 2007 Halloween costume. (via Michael Buckner/Getty Images)
13. Punky Brewster: You know a show is a classic when the original star still dresses up in character years later. The best part? You probably already have most of this stuff in your closet. (via @moonfrye)
16. Gameboy: If you want to make the Gameboy into a group costume, you can grab your friends and give them the ideas for our Mario, Princess Peach and Toad costumes above. (via @starkids_in_the_tardis)
19. Marty McFly from Back to the Future: This is a costume you probably have the makings of in your closet. It’s all about the layers with Marty. Make it a BFF costume with a silly Doc getup. (via Brit + Co)
23. The Secretary of the Underworld from Beetlejuice: Head to the thrift store for an old prom dress, grab green body paint and show that you’re a diehard ’80s kid with this costume. (via Hasslein Blog)
Have you ever done an ’80s costume for Halloween? Let us know who or what you dressed up as in the comments!