Happy 2017, folks! We’re jumping on the resolution bandwagon and getting our priorities sorted for the new year. One of our resolutions is to be more choosy about what we buy for our home and closet. That’s right — we’re making a commitment to buying less fast fashion and junkie homeware (you know, the kind that disintegrates in less than a month) so that less of our stuff ends up in a landfill. That’s why we’re super excited for these nine new Kickstarter and Indiegogo crowdfunds… they’re nifty, innovative and definitely worth the investment.
1. Ransomly: If your kiddos or besties are always on their phones in your company, you may want to check out this new app-blocking device ASAP. Whether you use it at home, in the office or in the car, the device blocks all Android apps completely and sends a message to all iOS phones to put away your phone.
2. Moji Heated Roller: It’s no big secret that we LOVE foam rollers, so when we saw this product we were instantly intrigued. Combining a cushioned foam roller with a microwavable heating source, it’s sure to make your warm-up and recovery cozier than ever.
3. KeyBolt: Skip the lanyards and keyrings: This minimalist keyring alternative makes your must-have keys smaller than the size of a walnut. Sure, it might not be the most practical idea for the gal that loses everything… but it’s perfect for the organized lady who wants a little less clutter.
4. The Alpha Shovel: This is the last shovel you’ll ever need to buy. Seriously. The Alpha Shovel is an innovative tool for both shoveling and cutting through hard surfaces, so you can totally shovel your driveway, your car… and your neighbor’s too.
5. iGramophone: Wireless speakers are pretty ubiquitous these days. That’s why we’re super excited to take our musical tech back to the good ol’ days with this amazing retro listening device. Complete with immersive sound, it’s great sound quality that’ll look cool on your mantle too.
6. Matrix PowerWatch: While this smartwatch doesn’t have a ton of features, the mere fact that you don’t have to charge it will definitely appeal to the lazy gal in all of us. It’s powered by your body heat and measures calories burned, activity level and sleep using thermoelectric technology.
7. Olive: This hearing aid looks as cool as fashionable earbuds and is significantly cheaper than competitive products. Now funded almost 1500 percent, you’ll definitely want to snag one of these before they sell out!
8. G-Tech Apparel: If you’re one of those ladies who are perpetually cold, get ready. These cotton hoodies are actually hydro-thermal heated (AKA it’s like a heated blanket you can wear outside!) and will totally keep you toasty all winter long. Athletes in the CFL, NFL and LPGA already use them to stay warm… now you can too!
9. HabbitStrap: If accountability is your biggest hurdle to achieving your New Year’s resolutions, check out this low tech habit forming product. It’s a single use wristband that’ll help you shape good habits in just 66 days. We definitely think we’d be more motivated to stick to our goals if we had to write in on our wrists for everyone to see.
Are you currently backing any cool Kickstarters? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Ransomly)