Make Your Own Party Invites in Our New Adobe Illustrator Online Class
If you’ve ever wondered what it would take to start a line like Rifle Paper Co. or Lemonwood Imprints, listen up! Our newest online class, Intro to Adobe Illustrator Online, teaches the tool of the trade used by professional graphic designers everywhere.
Our beginner-friendly class is taught by graphic designer Alexi Politis, who’ll lead you through the basics of Adobe Photoshop’s sister program, Illustrator, with all the steps to make adorable birthday invitations from start to finish. After that, you’ll be ready to make your own greeting cards, art prints, calendars, stationery, journals, notepads, paper prints and more!
If you’re a total beginner, you’ll learn new skills like manipulating images, working with color tools, creating shapes and adding gorgeous typography, which will definitely come in handy for your blog, homemade wall prints, invitations and more. Even if you’ve dabbled in Illustrator before, you’ll learn useful shortcuts to help you spend less time making your projects come to life.
Here’s what the class will cover:
- Arranging and customizing your workspace
- Adding, sizing and moving images
- Using transparency modes
- Creating and coloring shapes
- Using tools like the eyedropper, text tool and clipping masks
- Creating repeating objects
- Creating a background
- Prepping your work for print
Plus, when you purchase the class, you also get access to all the supplies you need, including:
- Link to a 30-day free trial of Adobe Illustrator
- Download packet prepared by Alexi that includes customized graphics, Illustrator shortcuts + tips, three pre-made invitations to tweak + use plus instructions for creating more invitations on your own.
Ready to get a head start on your New Year’s creativity goals? Sign up today! We have tons more online classes just like this one, including Adobe Lightroom and Handbag Design with Rebecca Minkoff. In all our classes, offered right in our own B+C Shop, we invite talented makers, designers and bloggers to share their secrets and help inspire your creativity. Plus, a nifty feature of our online classes is that you can download them and come back to them whenever you want, allowing you to move at your own pace.
Is there a class you’d love to see offered at B+C? Tweet us your ideas @BritandCo!