You’re outside laying by the pool. Everything is all fine and dandy until the sun goes down, you head inside, and look in the mirror only to realize you’re actually as red as a tomato. You clearly dropped the ball on sunscreen reapplication, and your red, irritated, sunburned skin needs to be soothed and hydrated in order to prevent painful itchiness or flaking. We’ve gathered some of the most effective beauty products to help combat any and all after-sun struggles you may endure.
1. Moroccanoil After-Sun Milk Soothing Body Lotion Instant Hydration ($28): Thanks to aloe, argan oil, and vitamin E, this red skin reliever will maintain necessary hydration after an afternoon of poolside shenanigans.
2. Tatcha Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream ($135): This anti-inflammatory lotion features colloidal oatmeal in the highest percentage available on the market, Japanese indigo to treat redness, and a blend of antioxidants that work to slow signs of aging.
3. COOLA ER+ Radical Recovery After-Sun Lotion ($32): Specifically made to help relieve your sunburn, this pick is like beach day SOS in a bottle with calming aloe, rosemary, and lavender.
4. Dermalogica After Sun Repair ($33): Give your skin a serious pick-me-up just by applying this cooling treatment balm anywhere you feel irritation or discoloration from sun exposure.
5. KORRES After Sun Greek Yoghurt Cooling Gel for Face and Body ($26): Pop this soothing formula in the fridge for an even cooler way to treat your after-sun skin.
6. Dr. Jart+ Dermask Soothing Hydra Solution Deep Hydration Sheet Mask ($6): A rich blend of botanical extracts works overtime to bring your dehydrated complexion back to life after a regretful day outdoors.
7. Murad Soothing Gel Cleanser ($35): This cleanser uses goji berry, peppermint leaf extract, and pomegranate in a gentle gel formula to soften rough, dry skin.
Tweet us your favorite post-sun products @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.