Alison Brie and Dave Franco Got Engaged and Her Ring Is GORGEOUS
In the cutest indie couple news of all time: Alison Brie and Dave Franco have gotten engaged! The Community star and Mad Men alum showed off her shiny new engagement ring yesterday at a screening of her new film, Sleeping With Other People in which she (ironically) plays a love addict. Dave and Alison have been quietly dating since January 2012. We predict the super private couple will have a top-secret, Aniston Theroux-style wedding as well.
Congratulations to the happy couple! Now… about that ring.
Alison’s new sparkler features a (ginormous) round cut diamond with a halo, set in a simple rose gold setting. We can’t peel our eyes away, it’s that pretty. Rose gold and yellow gold have been climbing in popularity for engagement ring settings lately. (Tip: Try mixing and matching metals for your engagement ring and wedding ring. The contrast in color can be so pretty.) Here are five similarly stunning options.
1. Aura 0.3 Carat White Diamond Ring ($2,385): This beauty comes from designer Blanca Morós Gómez and can be found at Catbird, Brooklyn’s swoonworthy indie fine jewelry store. It’s made with solid 18K yellow gold and is handmade… with love, of course.
2. Angeline Yellow Gold 1.42 Carat Old Mine Diamond Ring ($9,175): This stunning number is by indie designers Ken & Dana and is a unique take on the round cut solitaire. Your friends will definitely want to take a second (third, fourth and fifth) look at this basket setting.
3. Rose Cut Channel Set Champagne Diamond Ring ($2,020): Studio 1040’s gorgeous champagne diamond bezel ring features a channel set halo, which is an innovative take on the traditional halo. Plus, champagne diamonds can be more budget friendly than their white counterparts but still so lovely.
4. Champagne Solitaire Engagement Ring ($3,200): The 18K gold Blanca Morós Gómez masterpiece is B-E-A-UTIFUL. Featuring champagne diamonds all over — as the center stone, side stones and pavé stones — this lovely ring wants you to pop the bubbly.
5. 2.53 Carat White Sapphire Milgrain Bezel Ring ($1,200): Another gorgeous creation by Studio 1040, this engagement ring has a white sapphire center stone (pretty and wallet friendly!) and a super interesting bezel milgrain setting. The unadorned gold band is so timeless.
What do you think of Alison’s ring? Tell us in the comments below!
(h/t People, photos via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)