10 Awesome Alphabet-Inspired Nursery Decor Ideas
Your baby’s nursery is a blank slate. Forget about cartoon characters, duckies, bunnies, or the other oh-so-baby themes, and turn that room into a colorful, educational, ABC-themed space. Check out these adorable picks to start your kiddo on a lifelong love of the printed word.
1. Crate & Kids Alphabet Rug ($399): This 5′ x 8′ area rug is all about the alphabet. Give your baby a soft place to get in some serious tummy time while also adding in an A-B-C aesthetic.
2. Pottery Barn Kids ABC Toddler Quilt ($129): Toss this letter-themed throw over your glider or drape it over a dresser. When your now-baby is a preschooler, you can add it to their bed, making this a long-lasting pick.
3. Lorena Canals Vintage ABC Round Area Rug ($200): Get back to basics with this simple 5′ solution to your bare floor dilemmas. The neutral palette is sure to match almost any nursery color scheme.
4. Anthropologie Illusion Monogram Letter ($24): Cultivate a simple, sleek vibe in baby’s room with these monogram letters. Opt for an “A, B, C” idea, spell out your kiddo’s name, or splurge on an entire alphabet!
5. Pier 1 Animal Alphabet Canvas Wall Art ($45): This sweet stretched canvas alphabet is ideal for either an ABC- or animal-themed nursery. Not only is the crafty wall art cute, but it will also help to teach your tot sounds as they grow and develop, thanks to the letter-matched menagerie.
6. Acharmed Monograms Wooden Alphabet Letters ($145): Create your own wall display with these ABC’s. The painted letters brighten up any nursery space, adding a delicate but decorative touch.
7. Dr. Seuss by Trend Lab Fitted Crib Sheet ($21): When you’re into the alphabet but not sure about using it for full-room decor, this crib sheet is an easy option to experiment with. No matter your theme, the playful pattern is perfect for your future reader.
8. Creative Motions ABC Lamp ($53): Light up your tot’s nursery with this adorable alphabet block lamp. The soft light makes for an awesome antidote to overhead fixtures during middle-of-the-night feedings or bedtime routines.
9. Velboa Alphabet Pillow ($10+): Customize a cushion for your kiddo’s space. You can pick the size, color, and fabric for a completely personalized addition to any nursery’s decor.
10. RoomMates Alphabet Wall Decals ($22): Committing to a wallpaper pattern isn’t always easy — especially in a baby’s room. These wall decals will add an alphabet aesthetic in a removable peel and stick way that’s easy to change up as your kiddo grows.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.