Amal Clooney’s Butter Yellow Cannes Dress Is the Color of Summer 2016
The Cannes Film Festival is in full swing right now, and our favorite thing to check out, as usual, is all the incredible red-carpet fashion. Sure, there are plenty of movie premieres to check out, but seeing our faves slay the carpet (we’re looking at you, Blake Lively) inspires us to update our summer wardrobes, whether it’s for every day or for our best friend’s wedding. The one color that’s been seen on nearly everyone this year is a soft, pale yellow, and Amal Clooney’s Money Monsters red carpet dress is the one we’re looking forward to rocking the most this summer.
Would you look at this perfection? Amal’s Atelier Versace gown, which she paired with bright orange and red accessories (and lips) could be worn at a beachy wedding or a ball (obvs). We’re calling this soft yellow the must-have for summer 2016, so we’ve rounded up five flawless versions to update your summer wardrobe.
1. Anthropologie One-Shoulder Maxi Dress ($168): This gorgeous single-shoulder dress mimics the style of Amal’s Versace dress, but with the addition of long, flowing pleats and a shorter hemline, you could easily rock this at the office then go immediately out on the town. Bonus points if you’re heading to a Friday night event — put on a deeper lipstick color and you’re ready to slay.
2. Ralph Lauren Off-the-Shoulder Sweetheart Neckline Gown ($250): We definitely can see this dress strolling down the red carpet. Perfect for a beachy wedding or as a bridesmaid’s dress, we can def see this being reworn time and time again, with its classic silhouette pairing with almost any accessories you’ve got.
3. TFNC Wedding Halter from ASOS.com ($73): This gorgeous chiffon number is an absolute steal! If you’re worried about splashing out on a more expensive gown but want to test out this look for yourself, nothing beats the cut and color of this perfect soft-yellow halter dream. And if you’re feeling extra boho, pair with a flower crown and a pair of sandals for a concert in the park.
4. Needle & Thread Foliage Cluster Tulle Maxi ($316): This dreamy yellow maxi with the intricate bodice details is the perfect gown for a summer black tie wedding. Pair this with a denim jacket to dress down the look.
5. Zara Tube Dress ($100): So, this dress is definitely more canary, but the yellow is still so pretty. Everything about this sophisticated classic from Zara is perfect for your summer update. Perfect for bridal or baby showers, work or with a pair of flat sandals and an oversized pair of your fave sunglasses, this dress is the perfect piece of sunshine.
What do you think of this summer’s go-to yellow? Tell us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Tristan Fewings/Getty + Pascale Le Segretain/Getty)
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?