See the Best Looks from the Golden Globes Red Carpet
Your Monday morning water-cooler fodder is officially covered: The 73rd annual Golden Globe Awards has arrived in all its celeb-infused glory and, from the looks of these knock-‘em-dead red-carpet stunners? There’ll be plenty to talk about. With Ricky Gervais on hosting duty and everyone from BFFs Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer to Laverne Cox and Zendaya in attendance, the stars brought some serious A-game this year. See for yourself with our round-up of 2016’s most carpet-slaying looks.
Laverne CoxGirl, work. Laverne Cox KILLED the fashion game in this column dress from newcomer Elizabeth Kennedy with its breathtaking train, and her turquoise accessories were the perfect match to the stark white hue. From where we’re sitting, 2016 already looks amazing on this Orange Is the New Black favorite.
Rosie Huntington-WhiteleyPictured here with Jason Statham, Mad Max: Fury Road’s Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is the sheer picture of old Hollywood glamour in her statuesque gold sequin Versace Atelier gown with bottom fringe detailing.
3. Ana de la Reguera: We love, love LOVED the floral appliqué on Ana’s deep purple gown with black mesh overlay. Her raven-hued locks and dark lipstick only added to her mystique.
4. Leslie Mann and Judd Apatow: Hollywood’s perfect power couple didn’t disappoint, with Leslie’s pretty-in-pink dress pairing perfectly with Apatow’s traditional tux. We love the contrast on this blouse-top with embroidered tulle bottom.
Jaimie AlexanderMaybe it was the plunging neckline, or maybe it was the geometric forest green print of Jaimie Alexander’s Golden Globes Genny dress, but whatever it was, it worked. The Blindspot actress was right at the top of the fashion heap.
6. Amanda Peet: Amanda Peet’s sheer, frilly frock was all about the high neckline, proving turtlenecks are back once and for all.
7. Zendaya: Zendaya was a vision in this deep burgundy tiered lace dream. Embroidery and her Marchesa gown’s plunging V-neck were the only accessories — save for a perfect pair of drop earrings — that the star needed to shine.
Jane WuCaptain America: Civil War actress Jane Wu looked fabulous and futuristic in this silver stunner with embroidered detailing.
Gina RodriguezThe Jane the Virgin actress looked like a fairytale princess in this off-the-shoulder deep blue Zac Posen dress — the perfect fit for her show’s sugary-sweet character.
Giuliana RancicThe former E! News host brought the heat in this seriously sassy bright orange cut-out number from Mac Duggal. Between the bold hue, the cut-outs and those TDF draped sleeves, this is a head-turner to say the least.
11. Kirsten Dunst: We only have one word for our favorite ‘90s actress when it comes to her Golden Globes look: WOW. This very well may be, dare we say, the absolute best we’ve EVER seen Kiki look. She’s a Grecian Goddess in this velvet number with peek-a-boo chest. She knocked this look out of the park, and we think it’s a home run.
12. Maria Menounos: Rancic’s replacement kept things understated when it came to the dress in a simple curve-hugging cream number with a sweetheart neckline, but her chic side-braid was absolute perfection.
13. Kate Hudson: Kate has always been a master of all things boho, and the ’90s-esque wild-child sequined look she’s channeling tonight is no exception. Showing off her super-fit physique in this Michael Kors collection belly-baring two-piece, Hudson tops it off with a coordinating sequined choker.
Taylor Schilling:OITNB star Taylor Schilling schools us all on how to look 100 in a pantsuit. This snazzy sequined two-piece oozes sex appeal while still keeping things classy, making Schilling a best-dressed contender.
15. Jennifer Lawrence: What would a best-dressed list be without America’s sweetheart, Jennifer Lawrence? Donned in custom Dior, J. Lawr’s look was on fleek, with strategic side cutouts and a metal collar neck piece.
Rachel McAdams:star has Salvatore Ferragamo to thank for this beautiful floral gown. Keeping the focus on the sweetheart neckline, she goes with a simple, elegant upswept ‘do.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.