Sneak a Peek at Andy Warhol’s Stunning Polaroids
Andy Warhol kept great company. We’re talking the immensely stylish Jean Paul Gaultier, André Leon Talley and DVF. We know this because he documented his time with these fashion greats through a series of Polaroids that we wish we could put together into a really epic scrapbook.
Between October 9 and October 21, Warhol’s collection of Polaroids, drawings and prints from the ‘70s and ‘80s are going up for auction at Christie’s, and since we can’t buy them, we’re doing the next best thing — adoring them on the Internet.
1. Singer Songwriter Grace Jones, 1984
2. Valentino Garavani, 1973
3. Fashion Designer Jean Paul Gaultier, 1984
4. Fashion Designer Diane Von Furstenberg With Her Daughter Tatiana, 1979
5. Fashion Designer Diane Von Furstenberg With Model Jerry Hall, 1982
6. Model Apollonia Von Ravenstein, c. 1979
7. Fashion Columnist and Editor Diana Vreeland, 1973
8. Fashion Editor André Leon Talley, as an intern (!!) in 1984
What fashion inspiration did you get from these stellar Polaroids? Let us know in the comments!
(h/t NY Mag)