Right now your baby is snuggled up in your belly. With your ambient internal body temp of just over 98 degrees Fahrenheit, your little guy or gal is getting used to a cozy, comfy type of warmth that the out-of-the-womb environment won’t provide. Hmm — maybe that’s part of the reason your newborn is kind of scream-y when she comes out. If your little one will be making her debut this winter, she’ll need one of these soft, stylish, and anything-but-boring blankies. Just remember not to put blankets in a newborn’s crib — safety first!
1. Coyuchi Critter Embroidered Linen Receiving Blanket ($98): This 100-percent organic cotton receiving blanket is as cuddly as it is adorable. Yeah, it’s got animals on it, but they aren’t the overly cutesy usual suspects.
2. Pottery Barn Kids Dot & Stripe Chamois Baby Blanket ($40): If simple styling is what you’re into, this is it. The blanket is reversible, so it’s kind of like having double the options. Even better, the fabric is hypoallergenic and won’t pill.
3. mimiCARDSdesign ABCD Blanket ($35): AB/CD. Genius. This pick is perfect for the rocker baby. Or, at least, the baby of a rocker.
4. The Land of Nod Organic Blanket ($24): Along with being 100-percent organic cotton, this blanket is awesomely artsy. Its colorful abstract pattern is far from the baby blanket norm.
5. Skip Hop Central Park Outdoor Blanket ($45): It’s not exactly the swaddling type of baby blanket, but this one will come in so handy. To start with, it folds up into a rad little messenger bag. It also has an insulated cooler to hold food, drinks, or baby’s bottles. Take it to toss down on the ground when you head out for a fab family park adventure!
6. Brooklyn Born Shibori Organic Quilted Blanket ($99): Inspired by the Japanese Shibori dyeing technique, this pick is elegant and classic, but with a contemporary feel. Even though the blanket is beautiful as-is, it’s packaged in a fab mango wood box.
7. Estella Organic Cotton Taxi Security Blanket ($30): It’s hand-knit, soft, and oh so colorful. On top of that, this taxi-themed blankie has 3D stuffed wheels. That makes it fun and functional!
8. The Land of Nod Roxy Marj Tiger Blanket ($69): This animal-themed blanket is a far cry from your typical duckies and kittens. It’s a stylish, spreadable, and reversible tiger. The graphic design is simple, but it still makes a statement.
9. Bebe Au Lait Muslin Snuggle Blanket ($50): This muslin blanket is gentle, warm, and breathable. The fun prints will give you a sunny vibe even in the chilly weather.
10. IKEA Tillgiven Baby Blanket ($10): The Swedish super-store’s soft little baby blanket is priced just right. It may not be super-fancy, but it’s got a cute classic look that goes with just about every style.
What’s your favorite baby blanket pick? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.