8 Baby Care Essentials for Moms and Babies
Looking for a gift for all those expecting or brand new mamas in your life? Or how about getting into the holiday giving spirit and gifting a mom in need?
Bundle up a custom kit for moms everywhere with a mix of baby care must-haves, stylish essentials and a few other personal touches and your bestie/sister/cousin/coworker or even a complete stranger will be totally grateful. As a brand new mama, I can tell you firsthand that it’s these everyday essentials that make all the difference. Especially for a mom who may not have access to these essential resources for her baby’s happy and healthy development. We’ve teamed up with JOHNSON’S® to create such a kit, armed with all sorts of goodies you can buy and DIY. We highly recommend that you join JOHNSON’S® in creating kits like this and gifting them to moms in need.
These kits are inspired by the new JOHNSON’S® #MoreHandsMoreHearts campaign. JOHNSON’S® is donating essential resources, including Care Kits and a special grant to Save the Children®, to help moms ensure their babies thrive. And, to demonstrate their ongoing commitment, they’ve committed to using every Tuesday to share their progress, new partnerships and incredible stories of hope and inspiration. How awesome is that? There are tons of ways for you to get involved — just head to the Johnson’s Baby Facebook page for more deets on how you can create your own baby care kit and donate to a mom in need, including suggestions on what to include.
One of our favorite pieces of the program is the Donate a Photo program. For every photo you share through Donate a Photo, Johnson & Johnson gives $1 to a cause you want to help.
Simply download the Donate a Photo App, and for every photo you “donate,” Johnson & Johnson will donate double its donation to Save the Children® up to $100,000. The $1 helps make it possible to provide a resuscitation device to help newborn babies take their first breath. We’re guessing you already take at least 20 photos on your phone a day, so why not turn those pics into a whole lot of care for newborns? Such a great way to pitch in, and so simple.
Now, back to helping mom and baby. Here are 8 essentials to create your own baby care kit.
1. DIY Tote Bag: To package everything up nicely, we created a quick DIY tote bag. Modern mamas need to tote their essentials in style, so make them a tote that fits with their sense of style.
3. bkr Water Bottle ($30): The baby’s not the only one who needs a bottle! Outfit this kit with a stylish (and safe) water bottle for mama. I personally keep one of these in my purse at all times.
4. Mint/Gray Swaddling Muslin Blankets, Set of 4 ($27): It’s always good to carry a few spare swaddling blankets, whether you use them for swaddling, cuddling or for cleaning up unexpected messes. This set of mint ones is so cute you’ll wish you had one in your size.
5. Neon Stripe Linen Scarf ($36): Give mom a little bit of style in the midst of all these baby-centric goodies. This soft handmade scarf goes with everything.
6. Organic Cotton Short-Sleeved Onesie ($25): Always carry a spare striped onesie. Always.
7. WubbaNub Giraffe ($13): What IS this? It’s a binky that has a stuffed animal on the end, and it is one of the most amazing pacifier-related inventions in recent history! This makes it easy for your baby to hold on to their own pacifier, even when their little hands aren’t super dextrous. A snuggly friend that also keeps them quiet and content? Sign us up.
8. Mouth Pattern Notebook ($12): A lot of things happen in those first few months, and nights without sleep mean it’s tough to remember every little thing. Keep a notebook on hand to jot down memories, notes or endless lists.
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.