11 Adorable Back-to-School Outfits for Stylish Kids
It’s that time of year again. Even though it seems like you just started stocking up on sunscreen and breaking out the swim gear, preschool is right around the corner. And unless you want your kiddo to head off to pre-K dressed in last year’s leggings that are now barely capris or the same jelly-stained t’s they’ve been wearing all summer long, it’s time to shop. Before the littles go back to finger painting, block building, and all the awesomeness that the preschool day has to offer, check out these fab finds for your mini fashionista.
1. H&M Glittery Tulle Dress ($25): The first day of school requires something that’s way above the norm. And this fanciful frock does not disappoint. As if the pastel rainbow wash wasn’t perfect enough, the tulle is covered in whisper-light unicorns. Unicorns!
2. Target Cat & Jack Paintbrush Graphic T-Shirt ($6): So technically, this is labeled as “boys.” But the adorableness of this paint-covered T-shirt is something that either your son or daughter can wear.
3. Anthropologie Chaboukie Cropped Jumpsuit ($58): Sometimes your daughter just isn’t into dresses. She wants to wear something that will let her play unrestricted, and this cute cropped jumpsuit offers just that plus a stylish look.
4. Hope & Henry Boys’ Cardigan Sweater ($22): Sweater weather is right around the corner. And your little man will be ready for a chilly autumn day in this charming 100 percent organic cotton cardigan.
5. Burberry Mollyanna Polo Dress ($130): Even though the fall is near, the first few days (or weeks) of preschool could still have a hint of summer swelter. This dress will keep your kiddo cool in the pre-fall heat while she looks chic.
6. Zara Embroidered Sweater ($28): Your little learner is acing the ABCs at school. Keep the letter-learning going with this sweet sweater.
7. Target Cat & Jack Starfish Skirt ($15): This preschool pick is the perfect weight for the beginning of the school year. The standout starfish design makes for a pretty adorable first-day outfit pick.
8. Polo Ralph Lauren Striped Cotton Rugby Hoodie ($50): With bright colors and standout stripes, this playful pick will make your preschooler’s day all the better. They’ll look stylish while still feeling comfy enough to play at pre-K.
9. J.Crew Girls’ Pointe Jumper ($50): Your fashion-forward tot will get a kick out of the mod design. Even though it’s high on style, this dress is also functional. The front pockets add an embellishment while still providing a way for your daughter to stash her stuff.
10. Scotch Shrunk Club Nomad Zip Hoodie ($86): If your kiddo is anti-sweaters but the weather isn’t exactly warm, this hoodie is an ideal compromise. It will keep your child warm without sacrificing comfort.
11. Tucker + Tate Reversible Nylon & Faux Fur Bomber Jacket ($55): Make sure your little one has an out-of-this-world jacket for transitional weather. This reversible bomber is essentially two jackets in one.
What’s your go-to back-to-school outfit piece for your preschooler? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.