7 Baby Sunscreens That Grown-Ups Should Use
Sharing the same sunscreen with your kids isn’t just easier, it’s essential for summer family trip planning. Why spend the extra bucks or add weight to an already heavy beach bag? Luckily, many brands that you know and love have baby versions of sun protection that are sensitive enough for your little one and can suit your daily summer skincare needs as well. With key features like high SPF, no fragrance, and none of the nasties that can irritate delicate baby skin, you can go ahead and use it on your face too. We’ve gathered up the latest in baby sunscreens that you should slather on this season.
1. Baby Bum Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 ($14): Finding a vegan sunscreen can be like searching for a veggie burger at a fast-food restaurant — not always in plain sight. But look no further than this plant-based sunscreen from Sun Bum to give you chemical-free protection from rays with nourishing coconut oils and cocoa butter to soothe and hydrate skin.
2. thinkbaby Sunscreen SPF 50 ($22): This PABA-free, sulfate-free zinc oxide protective sunscreen won’t irritate you or your baby’s complexion. The fresh melon scent smells delicious — all the more reason for frequent re-applications.
3. Badger Baby Sunscreen Cream, SPF 30 ($14): This certified organic sunscreen has just six ingredients that include calming chamomile and calendula. The non-nano zinc oxide active protection means you and your littlest little can slather it on safely.
4. Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sensitive Lotion SPF 50 ($11): Just like the grown-up version, this scent-free formula is made with skin-soothing natural oats so that it’s tolerated by the most vulnerable skin types. But don’t be fooled by its mild ways: You’ll have 80 minutes of sweat and water-resistant protection that’s as strong as its adult counterparts.
5. Bare Republic Baby Broad Spectrum Protection SPF 50 ($14): The soothing ingredients like aloe, baobab oil, and shea butter shield physically, not chemically, so feel good applying it on everyone under the sun.
6. Australian Gold Botanical SPF 50 Kids Lotion ($16): Everyone knows that the worst thing when applying sunscreen on your kids is that tacky feeling on your hands afterward. Luckily, this fast-absorbing, non-greasy formula only leaves you with a powdery-fresh effect. Bonus for you too: This solution won’t clog pores and is rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
7. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ WetForce for Sensitive Skin & Children ($42): The gentle lotion has proprietary ingredients, like SunVeil UV 360, a thin veil that helps distribute the mineral protection evenly, and WetForce, a technology that shields when wet, whether splashing around in the pool or sweating from running around with your kids.
Do you have any sunscreens you use with your kids? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.