Have you been thinking pink this month? October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and to help support raising money for research and treatment, several of our favorite companies have come out with perfectly pink products. A portion of each sale of these items will be donated to various breast cancer charities. We found 20 products we’d want to own even if they weren’t supporting the cause. The fact that buying any of these products helps get us closer to a cure is just icing on the cake.
1. Eberjay Gisele PJs ($122): These cozy PJs are hard to resist, and the fact that 25 percent of sales from them (and the rest of the “Today I Choose Joy” collection) will be donated to the Young Survival Coalition makes them even better.
2. Pink with a Purpose Almost Lipstick ($15): A nod to the traditional Clinique color, this Pink Ribbon Honey hue works with almost every skin type, and $3 of each purchase will go to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF).
3. Tantsu Apron ($47): This iconic pattern is re-imagined in pink and green to support breast cancer research. Marimekko will donate proceeds from this apron up to $10,000 for the year to the BCRF.
4. Block Letter BCA Keyfob ($48): If logos are your thing, opt for this key fob, which donates 20 percent of the purchase price to the BCRF.
5. Mini Umbrella ($48): You have to have an umbrella, so you might as well do some good when you buy one. The pink version of this purse-size umbrella donates 20 percent of the purchase price to the BCRF.
6. Passion Candle ($28): This candle was created in honor of Evelyn H. Lauder, founder of the BCRF and includes notes of peony, roses, and pittosporum. Ten percent of the purchase price will be donated to the BCRF.
7. Live in Pink by Suzzanna Dai Earrings ($40): These earrings, inspired by Giuliana Ransic, are not only the perfect fall sparklers, they also donate 60 percent of their purchase price to the BCRF.
8. SmartPower Deluxe Blender ($90): Help contribute to Cusinart’s annual donation to the BCRF of nearly $33,000 with this hot pink blender. Just think how much more fun it will make your morning smoothies or Friday night margaritas!
10. Henna E.C.O. Yoga Mat ($50): Feel even better about doing your downward dog or sun salutation with this pink yoga mat. Each mat sold will donate 10 percent of the purchase price to the “Keep A Breast” foundation.
11. Origins Drink Up Hydrating Lip Balm ($17): For each of these tinted lip balms sold, Origins will donate $3.50 to the BCRF. It’s easy to keep your lips hydrated and help find a cure.
12. Pink Fitbit Flex ($100): During the month of October, for each pink tracker sold, Fitbit will donate $10 to the American Cancer Society. You can stay healthy and help other people do the same.
13. Smooth Sphere Lip Balm ($6.50): This limited edition pack includes fresh watermelon and strawberry sorbet flavors, and will donate a portion of the proceeds to breast cancer research.
14. Pink Grace Bouquet ($55): Show someone you care with this beautiful pink bouquet, which also donates 15 percent of the purchase price to the BCRF.
15. Oakley Discreet Sunglasses ($180): The pink on these stylish and sporty sunglasses is hidden on the inside of the arms of the glasses. Each pair sold will result in a $20 donation to the Young Survivor’s Coalition.
16. Halle Super Skinny Breast Cancer Jean ($198): We’re all about the skinny, colorful jean, and this pale pink version also donates a portion of proceeds to breast cancer research.
17. Limited Edition Hand Relief With Rosemary Mint Aroma ($25): An update on a classic, this subtly scented hand cream donates $4 to the BCRF for every tube sold. Look for it in your local Aveda store or salon.
18. Smythson Love Heart Keyring ($83): This understated leather key fob is the perfect way to show your support for finding a cure. Twenty percent of each purchase will be donated to the Breakthrough Breast Cancer charity.
19. Flutter Top ($295): While it’s one of the most expensive on the list, a full 50 percent of the price of this chic, pink peplum top will go to the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation. That’s reason enough to buy one in our book!
20. OPI Pink of Hearts Duo ($16): You can’t go wrong with pink polish, and pink glitter polish that’s even better! This limited edition set from OPI will help contribute to their $25,000 donation to the Susan G. Komen foundation.
How do you show your support for breast cancer research? Tell us in the comments!