30 OMG-Worthy Beach-Day Essentials Under $100
The countdown to your upcoming beach-cation is officially on. Whether it’s a trip you’ve had in the books for months or a spontaneous road trip to the west coast (Cali’s calling for ya!), there’s no time like right now to start packing. If only you knew where to start! Going beyond a slew of flattering swimsuits, colorful sunnies and lazy girl-approved footwear options, there’s a long list of stylish travel essentials (like your favorite beach floats!) that you would never have thought to pack. To ensure that you have the most epic vacation ever, we’ve put together 30 OMG-worthy beach essentials that won’t break the bank. Pssst: They’re all $100 or less, so you can snag ‘em all!
1. Bando I Am Very Busy Swimsuit ($99): Even self-proclaimed girl bosses have time for some fun in the sun. The next time you play hooky from the office, wear this cheeky swimsuit to the beach with an extra-floppy straw hat and oversized shades. Your message will be loud and clear as you proceed to soak up the rays and dive into a juicy summer read.
2. Urban Outfitters Pizza Slice Pool Float ($48): Pizza is bae. As if you would go to the beach or hit up a pool party without your beloved pizza slice float. For double the fun, get your friends to snag a floatie of their own to form an entire pizza.
3. Havaianas Slim Cool in Light Pink ($28): If you’ve ever worn a pair of Havaianas, then you know how comfortable they are. For your next getaway, do style these fun cacti and sombrero printed flip-flops with a flowy maxi dress or neon monokini.
4. Urban Outfitters Pineapple to-Go Sipper Cup ($8): Fact: A day at the beach isn’t complete without a pineapple-shaped to-go cup. (Side note: Is it just us, or do fun twisty straws make everything taste better?) Fill it with water during the day or sneak in your favorite fruity mixed drink come happy hour.
5. Loft Beach Striped Surfside Pants ($60): In addition to a swimsuit and sunnies, it would serve you well to add a pair (or two) of these surf-inspired lounge pants to your off-duty wardrobe. Trust us: They’re just as comfortable as they look. Wear them for lazy Sundays, designated beach days and post-poolside shenanigans.
6. Sunnylife Beach Seat ($65): Kick back and relax in this colorful chevron portable beach chair that gives you the perfect excuse to embrace a laid-back ‘tude. Now, you can shamelessly indulge in people-watching wherever you go.
7. Forever21 Faux Stone Body Chain ($7): Because sometimes it’s not enough to sport a risqué neck-plunging swimsuit. Take it there with this faux stone body chain that will lend just the right amount of bling to your after-hours look.
8. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Palm Camera Case ($24): If you didn’t document every second of your beach-cation, then did it even happen? Store your savvy Instax mini cam in this cute palm leaf-print camera case so you can take candid snapshots of your besties all weekend long.
9. Mango Cotton Jacquard Shorts ($40): Easy as slip-on-and-go, these navy jacquard shorts with tassels are just the thing to throw on for a quick dip in the ocean (just your toes) and a late-night beach bonfire.
10. Laser Kitten Fruit Punch Pouch Pin ($12): Calling all ‘90s kids! This rad fruit punch pin (looks like Capri Sun to us!) will add instant flair to an old denim jacket or your canvas beach bag. You’re welcome.
11. Sunnylife Avalon Luxe Towel ($55): For a beach-day-turned-impromptu-picnic, you need a fancy-schmancy striped towel large enough to fit you and a friend (or five). Now all that’s missing is a rainbow beach umbrella and some fresh fruit smoothies.
12. Kate Spade Crochet Packable Fedora ($78): Packing conundrums, begone! We finally uncovered a sun hat that won’t get crushed in your suitcase or carryall. This packable crochet fedora (with a bow!) is not only ridiculously charming, but it’ll protect you from the sun on days you forget your sunnies in the hotel room.
13. Proud Mary Net Bag ($78): A stint in Maui is not the time to pack everything under the sun for a day at the beach. Carry just the essentials (think: sunscreen, sunnies and snacks) in this handmade red net bag you can tote around with ease.
14. Madewell Denim Baseball Cap ($25): A wear-with-everything denim baseball cap will always do you right, especially for a day at the beach. Not only will it help block harmful UV rays, but it’ll allow you to fly under the radar after a late night of partying. Pair it with board shorts and a tank top for the ultimate tomboy-chic look.
15. TheWhiteBrand Emoji Slider Flat Sandals ($29): In an emoji-obsessed world, these quirky emoticon slides are clutch. Pizza, pineapples and donuts — what more could you ask for?
16. Nasty Gal High Ropes Ribbed Romper ($52): Gear up for your very own Roman holiday, Audrey Hepburn style, thanks to this effortlessly chic black lace-up romper that will take you from a beachside stroll to riding Vespas at sunset. A timeless fedora and stylish espadrilles make the perfect companions.
17. Marimekko for Target Women’s Tunic ($27): Leave it to Marimekko to make even a day at the beach look totally glam. This tropical tunic featuring one of the Finnish brand’s iconic floral prints is too chic for its own good. Did we mention it’s under $30? Oh yeah.
18. Scotch & Soda Mesh Detailed Skirt ($95): Since living in a swimsuit all day errday isn’t an option (unfortunately), there’s nothing like an easy-breezy skirt with mesh cutouts to kick your beach attire up a notch. Throw in a lace-up sweatshirt and some trusty Birks for a look that takes you from the beach to the boardwalk like that.
19. Urban Outfitters Visor Party Sunglasses ($8): Now here’s a throwback to your college days circa spring break freshman year. If you’re going to party it up, then you might as well do so in style. Enter the citrusy sweet tangerine printed visor you needed in your life yesterday.
20. Sunnylife Acapulco Beach Paddles ($27): Because a pick-up game of ping pong is always in the cards when you’re on break. Tell your friends you’ll bring the beach paddles as long as they bring the friendly competition. Can we also talk about how cute this striped hardwood paddle set is? We digress.
21. Scotch & Soda Summer Scarf With Tassels ($75): Tassel game strong. Add a pop of color to your all-white-everything wardrobe with this rainbow stripe tassel scarf that screams SUMMER. It’ll look just as ah-mazing with a casual t-shirt dress as a utilitarian jumpsuit for the office.
22. Zara Bird Print Turban Style Headband ($13): This girl ain’t got time to deal with pesky flyaways! Style your natural beach waves with this tropical bird printed turban for a polished look that requires zero effort.
23. Ban.do Vacation Beach Towel ($38): Vacation awaits you! Spread this oversized towel out on the beach for endless relaxation vibes and no shortage of Instagram-worthy snapshots.
24. Madewell Waves Tee ($40): On the off chance you don’t feel like parading around in an itsy-bitsy bikini or a beach cover-up, keep things on the DL with this slouchy cropped waves tee. Team it with a pair of sun-washed chinos and comfortable no-frills sandals for non-stop beach bumming.
25. Missguided Mesh Maxi Dress ($43): Ready to turn some heads? Solidify your island-girl status with this come-hither maxi dress that demands attention. You can style it beyond the bedroom with a sultry bodysuit, or just slip it over your scalloped bikini for an I-just-woke-up-like-this look.
26. Arizona Snake Birkenstock ($100): If you haven’t already jumped on the Birkenstock bandwagon, here’s your chance. These cool girl-approved snakeskin slides will elevate even the most casual #OOTDs (think: a t-shirt and cutoffs) and make you always look beach-bound. Thanks to the cork footbed, the comfort factor isn’t too shabby either.
27. Urban Outfitters Ellie Stripe Essential Bath Towel ($39): Go ahead and add this festive striped bath towel to your vacation packing list. Not only will it come in handy when laying out on the beach (or lounging by the pool), but it’ll also provide you warmth around the campfire.
28. Nila Anthony Wandering Eyes Crab Backpack ($48): Don’t be crabby — any day spent getting your tan on at the beach is a good day. Not convinced? Add this OMG-worthy red crab backpack — compete with googly eyes, no less! — to your unofficial beach uniform.
29. Ya Swim Some, Ya Cruise Some Swimsuit Top ($50) + Bottom ($40): Make a splash this summer (literally) with this chartreuse and hot pink color-block bikini that’s guaranteed to put you in a vacay state of mind. Whether you’re chilling by the pool with your favorite inflatable swan or catching a game of beach volleyball, you need a swimsuit this playful on standby.
30. Anthropologie Playdate Necklace ($12): While piling on the jewelry at the beach is normally a no-no, it’s hard to resist a watermelon necklace with this much personality. For max perfection, style it with a nautical striped tee and high-waisted navy sailor shorts.
What are your favorite beach day essentials? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!