A Timeless Beauty and the Beast Gift Guide for Your Fave Fangirl
Beauty and the Beast is a tale as old as time, but like a fine wine, it only gets better with age. There’s a ton of Beauty and the Beast hype these days, with the recent re-release of the movie on Blu-ray and DVD, as well as the buzz surrounding the live action, Emma Watson-starring film that will hit theaters in early 2017. Please, be our guest and take a look at the ultimate Beauty and the Beast gift guide below that suits every boy, girl and beast.
1. Dockotta Belle iPhone and Samsung Case ($9): Be a true belle in any weather when you pull out your phone and reveal your cheery yellow Belle case that brightens up those dark clouds overhead.
2. CoolQueenCollective Stained Glass Rose Pin ($8): One way to show your excitement for all the B and B happenings is to wear a pin that pays tribute to the show’s theme: everlasting love.
3. Siideways Temporary Rose Tattoo ($5, set of two): Just as a real rose fades within days, so will these temporary belle jar tattoos. Wouldn’t this be a perfect accessory to wear while attending The Beauty and the Beast premiere? Um, Emma, did you hear that?
4. GoldenSouthernSun Rose Decal ($7+): This vinyl transfer will look like a real beauty on your laptop case AND it’s easy to apply and remove. Just think: You could be the belle of cyberspace.
5. ToNeverNeverland Beauty and the Beast Ears ($35): Heading to Disney World? Lucky you! You’ll surely spot the Beast and Belle while you’re there. Come prepared with this dual Disney-inspired head gear.
6. The Disney Store Lumiere Light-Up Figure ($55): Add some light to your B and B collection with this light-up Lumiere figurine. Did you know that Ewan McGregor is playing the sassy candlestick, Lumiere, in the live-action flick? We know — we can’t wait either!
7. ArtQuality Lumiere, Clocksworth and Friends Print ($4): You can instantly add some beauty to your walls with this downloadable Beauty and the Beast print. A splash of yellow and a dash of fun puts this print a cup above the rest.
8. Disney Store Beauty and the Beast Snowglobe ($70): There is something sweet and almost kind about this winter-themed Beauty and the Beast snow globe. No matter if it’s summer, winter, spring or fall, we all fell in love with these two as a couple during their snowball fight.
9. Disney Store Mrs. Potts and Chip Salt and Pepper Set ($20): Mrs. Potts, can you pass the salt? Add some Disney charm to your tabletop with these enchanting characters from a Disney classic. A B-and-B side note: Mrs. Potts will be portrayed by Emma Thompson in spring 2017.
10. CocunaTacha Mrs. Potts Birthday Card ($3): Do you care for a spot of tea to go along with your birthday cake and cream? Send the ultimate B and B fan a darling Mrs. Potts and Chip watercolor birthday card.
11. Disney Store Art of Belle Rose Mug ($15): Whether you’re a real rose or a thorn in the morning, you’ll need this ceramic mug to be the biggest Beauty and the Beast fan alive.
12. AlwaysYesterday Beauty and the Beast Print ($6): This is the perfect print to hang in your office or dorm room for motivation to travel, see the world and have an adventure. It’s just so very Belle. Don’t you think?
13. Hot Topic Ceramic Teapot ($60): No Beauty and the Beast collection and/or gift guide is complete without a replica of Mrs. Potts. You’ll want to grab a spot of tea (and maybe a biscuit too) and re-watch the animated version time after time.
14. Hot Topic Belle Costume ($77): Who wouldn’t want to be Belle for Halloween 2016? After all, she’s the definition of Disney beauty. Fulfill your Disney dreams in this yellow dress and see our post on how to make your date the ultimate Beast of Halloween.
15. Disney Parks Chip Ceramic Mug ($28): If your goal in life is to surround yourself with lifelike objects found inside Disney films, then this ceramic mug will chip away at your shopping list.
Planning on doing some more Beauty and the Beast-inspired shopping? Follow us on Pinterest to get more inspirational ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.