5 Best Apps of the Week: The Social App Everyone’s Talking About + More!
Happy Saturday! Kick back and relax, because it’s also best apps of the week time. We’ve got that brand new Talkshow app that’s been buzzin’ all over the Internet on our list, as well as Microsoft’s new keyboard app for one-handed texters. There’s also an app that will help you register to vote in a snap, and so much more. Check it out below!
1. Talkshow: Host a talk show straight from your phone — and not just any kind of talk show. A TEXTING talk show. Your friends and followers can tune in live and even comment as you text. You can share your show to Twitter, Facebook or anywhere you’d like.
2. Word Flow: It’s here! It’s here! Microsoft’s acclaimed keyboard which had previously been exclusive to Windows Phones is finally available in the App Store. Customize the keyboard with your own image or a preset and even type one-handed with the keyboard’s built-in “arc” mode. The app also uses AI to learn how you type and words you most frequently use. Nifty!
3. Register to Vote: Voting time is upon us. In case you still haven’t registered, this app makes it easier than ever. All you have to do (depending on your state’s laws of course), is snap a photo of your ID and fill in the form in the app. So far, states supported are California, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Arizona, Colorado and Massachusetts. And FYI, no, the app doesn’t store your personal info!
4. Hiya: Sick of spam calls? Hiya (formerly Whitepages Caller ID & Call Blocker) will help you weed out the spam and fraud callers by identifying them when they ring your phone. The app will automatically block robocalls, telemarketers and the like. You’re gonna wonder how you lived without it TBH.
DL It: Free on Android
5. Bar Roulette: Bar Roulette wants to help you discover all the hotspots in your neighborhood (or out of it for that matter!). All you have to do is set a vicinity and price point, and the app will help you find an exciting new spot to visit. It’ll even let you know how far away it is and how much an Uber might cost. PSA: Never drink and drive.
What was your favorite app of the week? Tweet us @BritandCo!