The holidays are on their way, and traveling with your baby isn’t always easy. Between a diaper bag the size of Santa’s toy sack and the gear (oh, the gear!), you need something to simplify the whole “babies can’t walk by themselves” thing. Forget about schlepping a bulky travel system through the airport or trying to stuff your all-terrain jogger stroller into the trunk of your car. This is where these completely cute (and totally necessary) carriers come in to make your travel time so much easier.
1. BabyBjörn Baby Carrier One ($190): This four-position carrier is ergonomic babywearing at its finest. You can use this carrier for your kiddo from birth through age three; the flexible design gives you plenty of carrying options, providing just the right amount of support for your child’s age.
2. LÍLLÉBaby COMPLETE Airflow ($125): Are you going somewhere warm for the holidays? This breathable mesh design does just what it says on the tin. Whether you’re headed south for a beach vacation or you’re not-so-eagerly anticipating rushing through an overheated airport terminal, it’s the carrier for you.
3. Boba X Denim Rain ($160): The adjustable seat and panel body make this pick an easy option for parents on the go (and babies that are about to grow!). The padded leg openings are soft and comfy, keeping your baby happy as you wait in the airport security line or stroll around a highway rest stop.
4. Ergobaby Omni 360 Baby Carrier ($180): Keep this carrier from your baby’s first week through 48 months — its amazing ability to grow with your kiddo makes it a travel option year after year. The Omni 360 has lumbar support for you, which is perfect for holiday-time family walks. It also comes with a detachable storage pouch to help you stash important stuff while sprinting through the airport.
5. Baby Tula Soar Standard Carrier ($149): The dual-adjustment straps are padded, keeping your shoulders feeling fine during long travel days. But that’s not this carrier’s only perk: Its wide padded waistband helps to distribute baby’s weight, giving your back a break. We didn’t forget about your kiddo’s comfort either: The ergonomic design positions them in a healthy-hip way that supports spine development.
6. Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier ($30): Infantino’s affordable carrier offers four different babywearing positions at a price point you just can’t argue with. If you don’t regularly use a carrier but want one for an occasional trip, this selection will leave you with extra cash for all of your holiday shopping.
7. Baby K’Tan Active ($50): This wrap-style carrier comes in a range of sizes to fit your specific shape, making it a secure, snuggly selection that moves with you. When a holiday trip turns into a go, go, go adventure, this will keep you (and baby) comfortable all day long.
8. Beco Gemini Organic ($150): The Gemini is a simply stylish carrier that will keep you going all day long. The built-in headrest cradles your kiddo during long walks, and the crossable shoulder straps make this carrier comfortable for you too. It’s also made from organic cotton.
9. Clevr Cross Country Baby Backpack ($200): When your holiday travels include major outdoorsy adventure, this carrier has you covered. It’s optimized for hiking while still being lightweight and even features a sun/rain canopy for your kiddo.
10. Stokke My Carrier ($199): Choose between inward and outward facing positions with this ergonomically designed option. The International Hip Dysplasia Institute acknowledges this carrier as a hip-healthy option, makes it a perfect pick for parents who have positioning and development concerns.