There are so many ways to plan an epic summer vacation: Take a big trip with your friends or blaze your own trail and go solo; visit a busy, bustling city or venture off the beaten path; book a luxury hotel or bring out your inner nomad and couch surf. One standby that never disappoints? A place to stay that doesn’t skimp on those quintessential summer beach views. We’ve rounded up heart-stoppingly gorgeous beachfront Airbnbs from the rugged Northwest coasts to the classic sands of Southern California and Florida. So keep scrolling — and start booking!
1. Southwind Condo in Panama City, FL ($155/night): Located in the quiet west end of town, this beachfront condo is just across the street from the Gulf of Mexico and perfect for a relaxing getaway. Listen to the waves from your own private balcony, or take a short walk to Pier Park where you’ll have access to more than 100 restaurants, stores, and activities.
2. A-Frame in Oceanside, OR ($150/night): Get all the cozy comfort of a cabin with the luxurious feel of an ocean-view condo. Sit on a private deck overlooking the sea, curl up next to your own wood-burning fireplace, and take in views of the stunning Cape Meares without even needing to leave your bed.
3. Mermaid Suite in Brookings-Harbor, OR ($165/night): Go for a hike among old-growth redwoods, take a whitewater rafting trip, or just enjoy the view of the rocky coast from your hot tub in this spectacular guest suite. Deer, otters, whales, sea lions, and osprey are no strangers to the area, so keep your eyes peeled for wildlife-spotting opportunities.
4. Studio in North Topsail Beach, NC ($95/night): Steps from the beach, this guest cottage is a hideaway gem. The town of North Topsail is quaintly tiny, with less than 800 residents year-round. Go boating off the coast or surfing in the plentiful waves, or take a 4×4 to nearby dunes where driving is allowed. Also be on the lookout for loggerhead turtles, which nest in the area from May until August.
5. Tiki Beachfront Paradise in Marina del Ray, CA ($120/night): Nestled between Santa Monica and Manhattan Beach, this Marina del Ray property with private bedroom and full bath also includes access to bikes, surfboards, and a beachfront patio and barbecue area. You’ll love the bamboo-style interior that brings the beach vibe inside.
6. Secluded 2-Bedroom House in Friday Harbor, WA ($195/night): Get 600 feet of your own private beachfront and six acres of land for a totally secluded, private escape. Relax, go crabbing or shrimp-catching, kayak on the vast waters, explore tide pools, or watch the horizon for signs of the resident orca whales.
7. On-the-Beach Condo in Watsonville, CA ($199/night): It’s hard to get any closer to sand and sea than this home, which is located between Monterey and Santa Cruz. Views of the Pajaro River and Monterey Bay are hard to beat, and you’ll never get tired of kayaking or bird watching in this pristine area.
8. Ocean Front Suite in San Diego, CA ($175/night): Be right in the heart of the action with this two-bedroom suite along the boardwalk of Mission Beach. Walk to beachfront amusement park Belmont Park, restaurants, and bike, surf, and boat rental shops; hang out on a spacious, barbecue-equipped patio; or just wander out your front gate to be on perfect white sands in seconds.
What’s your favorite beachfront summer destination? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo!
(Photos via Airbnb)