The 6 Must-Have Bras to Pair With Spring Fashion Trends
The season’s trendiest tops — from barely-there camisoles and backless looks to asymmetrical shoulders — have in common is that they all dare to bare. Now that it’s finally safe to show some skin (without risking hypothermia), expect to see plenty of it. Brayola, a site dedicated to finding your best fitting bra, knows that spring’s cutest styles make for challenging undergarment choices. Below you’ll find the sage advice of Orit Hashay, Brayola’s founder and CEO, who paired six of spring’s trendiest tops with their perfect lingerie match (one for sizes A-to-D cup and another for D-cup and above).
Lingerie-inspired camis like the Elsa Hosk’s feature uber-low necklines and delicate, sheer fabrics that make for tricky pairings. Low-sitting, strapless styles that keep hidden are the only answer. (Photo via Angela Weiss/AFG/Getty)
1. B.Tempt’d by Wacoal b.enticing Strapless Bra ($44): Hashay notes that this strapless bra is brilliant for blending right in with lacy boudoir fabrics. “As beautiful as your cami, the bra’s back view is of pure, uninterrupted lace — with a clasp cleverly concealed on the side,” she explains.
2. Vanity Fair Beauty Back Full Figure Strapless Bra ($42): Fuller figured bras tend to be harder to conceal. That’s definitely not the case for Hashay’s pick. “Smoothing sides with double-knit wings will all but disappear beneath a lightweight boudoir camisole,” she notes.
Balconet tops and corset bodices are on fire this season, just look to Kerry Washington. They’re also deceptive in that though these structured tops mimic lingerie, they often require additional support. (Photo via Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic/Getty)
3. Blush Lovswept Convertible Longline Strapless Bra ($78): This feminine find is best for balconet bodices. Note how it can go under anything thanks to its convertible straps.
4. Parfait Jeanie Strapless Contour Bra ($48): Cup sizes D and above will love the smooth, seamless cups on this strapless contour bra. Hashay points out that the specially-engineered band provides maximum versatility and all-day support.
Off-the-shoulders styles, like the one seen on Shay Mitchell, will continue to smolder all season long right on into the summer. Feel secure with strapless numbers that keep everything in place. (Photo via Bryan Bedder/Getty)
5. Curvy Couture Convertible Strapless Push-Up Bra ($65): For larger sizes, Hashay says that a flexible underwire style and a snug fit are essential for your strapless garments. The cute print doesn’t hurt, either.
6. Goddess Adelaide Strapless Bra ($52): Get ready to get all the support you need — and more if you measure in beyond a D-cup. Seamed underwire cups and side boning works like magic at keeping the girls tucked in.
Backless tops and dresses are oh-so-cute — but pose a major bra-dilemma, especially if you’re any size larger than an A. Let the support of adhesive cups and strap converters restore hope in your sartorial future. (Photo via Jun Sato/WireImage/Getty)
7. Dominique Backless Satin Longline Bra ($39): This waist-cinching, low-back wonder provides structured support fit for backless lewks. With an ultra-low closure, you won’t spot a thing.
8. Maidenform Low Back Converter ($10): This ingenious buy allows you to convert your existing bra for bigger boobs into a backless-friendly option. For just $10, you can turn every bra you own into a low-back alternative.
One Shoulder Tops
Asymmetrical, one-shoulder looks with long sleeves are the perfect update of last year’s cold-shoulder trend. Disguise your underthings by shopping a strapless bra that contours to your body like a glove. (Photo via Astrid Stawiarz/Getty)
9. Honey B Strapless Longline Bra ($46): Hint: Fully adjustable straps are your new best friend. A longline option provides smaller chested ladies with total support sans sleeves.
10. Curvy Kate Luxe Strapless Bra ($75): What’s not to love about this bra with its removable straps and silicone trim that stays where you left it? In other words, you won’t have to adjust it.
Whether you’re hitting up the festival circuit or the club, cropped top styles will reign. Look for snug and form-fitting options that won’t look bulky under dainty tops. (Photo via Alexander Tamargo/WireImage/Getty)
11. Lilyette by Bali Convertible Strapless Bra ($40): A seamless bra like this buy keeps everything concealed during all types of occasions, from music festivals to formal affairs. This pick is also the answer to those items in your wardrobe with widely-set straps.
12. Elila Microfiber Spacer Molded Strapless Bra ($67): The next time you reach for that festival-ready crop top, be prepared with a supportive option, like this low-cut style that’s easily hidden and perf for bigger busts.
What Spring trend do you need help finding a bra for? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.