6 Beauty Products to Tone Down Brassy Hair
It can be tough to maintain a colored-treated mane when your wallet is running on empty. Luckily, when your strands begin to look brassy or your locks have lost their luster, there are color-correcting shampoos and conditioners that can bestow a little TLC without breaking the bank. Scroll on to check out our top six picks for giving orange-hued locks the boot.
1. Dry Bar Blonde Ale Brightening Conditioner ($27): Blonde gals, this conditioner will enhance the tone of your tresses while detangling and softening your hair too. Plus, its light fragrance notes of ginger, mint, and sandalwood help you rock third-day hair.
2. AVEDA Blue Malva Color Conditioner ($22): Whether you’re sporting gray hair or a colorful ‘do, the blue malva and cornflower ingredients will keep the brassiness at bay while boosting shine.
3. Amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo ($24): Wild cherry bark extract, avocado oil, and disodium EDTA are just some of the ingredients in this baby that will keep your blonde strands light and shiny.
4. Madison Reed Online Only Tune Up Color Reviving Conditioner for Brunettes ($26): Blondes don’t get to have all the fun. Here’s a color-reviving, softening conditioner for darker-haired sisters that will make brassy tones vanish after just one use.
5. It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Leave-In for Blondes ($20): Give your strands the uplift they deserve with this leave-in conditioner. One use and you’ll be crying happy tears at how perfect your blonde mane looks.
6. R+Co Sunset Blvd Blonde Shampoo ($29): Are you California dreaming of better hair days? Take your strands from dull to gorgeous with this coconut cleanser shampoo that maintains blonde hues and gives grays some serious silver power.
Tweet us your favorite brass-busting beauty product @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.